AutoCAD Electrical General

Message 31 of 49 (1,795 Views)

Re: New AutoCAD Electrical blog

12-28-2012 03:40 PM in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hello All,

I'm a student and I'm designing an electrical plan and a ceiling plan. Basically, what I'm looking for is CAD blocks of the light fxture and electrical plans (as shown in legends), so I can just insert the blocks into my drawing.

Do you know how to get them for free or if Auto CAD has it somewhere?

Thanks,

Paula

Distinguished Contributor
s.wile
Message 32 of 49 (1,607 Views)

01-31-2013 07:07 AM in reply to: paulapowercad

Student copies can be downloaded here...

http://students.autodesk.com/

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 33 of 49 (1,052 Views)

05-02-2013 03:02 PM in reply to: murnenp

hola queria saber si alguien me pudiera ayudar con los productos de autodesk sucede que compre hacer poco una laptop ASUS N56V Y HE DESCARGADO VARIOS PRODUCTOS DE AUTODESK Y NO PUEDO INICIARLOS YA QUE se presenta el siguiente error ( fatal error unhandled access violation writing 0x0000 exception at 0h) y no se que hacer si alguien me pudiera colaborar como solucionar este error lo agradeceria 

mi correo es camilom_1989@hotmail.com

Message 34 of 49 (936 Views)

06-04-2013 11:50 AM in reply to: jbender

where I can get manuals in Spanish?

thanks

[
Message 35 of 49 (656 Views)

07-29-2013 03:03 AM in reply to: murnenp

I have been using AutoCAD Electrical for many years, for many different companies. On many occasions I have been asked to create a report that contains all the specific information about particular cables as a bill of materials. As things stand I can create a bill of materials report of all components within my schematics which is useful, however it doesn't link together the relevant parts of a particular cable. Eg. (Cable Tag, Part number), (Connector 1 Tag, Part number), (Connector 2 Tag, Part number). Basically a 'harness' report, it would also be good to have a rundown of the component parts of each of the sections eg. (Cable marker part number) and a list of individual parts list for the connectors including accessories within the same report. I realise I can get all this data as things are now, but to tie everything together as a complete cable I have to do this manually in a spreadsheet.

Message 36 of 49 (610 Views)

07-30-2013 01:28 PM in reply to: DaveSBarrow

Has anyone france manual?

Employee
Message 37 of 49 (573 Views)

08-02-2013 11:52 AM in reply to: DaveSBarrow

This post seems to have become a catch all for questions. It was meant to just be an announcement about the blog.

I would recommend starting a new thread for questions unrelated to the blog.

Regarding the cable report - it might be possible to get what you want with a customized user post .lsp file. I can probably help you with it if you can provide the information you want to see in the report. It is easiest to start with a report that is closest to what you want, say the cable from/to report, then let me know what other information you need, for example the CAT  and MFG for CMP1 (field in cable from/to report). If you can point me to fields in other reports, even better.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Information Modeling and Platform Products Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Employee
Message 38 of 49 (572 Views)

08-02-2013 11:53 AM in reply to: camcontactslive

You can find the French copy of the Help at http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2014/FRA/index.html . I do not believe there are any 3rd party manuals for AutoCAD Electrical.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Information Modeling and Platform Products Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 39 of 49 (569 Views)

08-02-2013 01:13 PM in reply to: josefv_negro85

NO, it does not. We are using a combination of Inventor and ACADE to get it done. I have been after Autodesk for over 5 years to get these 2 softwares working together. Solidworks electrical and their 3D package use a common database. I am looking into it because if Autodesk does not do something soon, I may be forced to switch to Solidworks.

Message 40 of 49 (568 Views)

08-02-2013 01:17 PM in reply to: josefv_negro85

NO, But If you are willing to make up work arounds and have a few programs written, then you can do panel wiring similar to solidworks. I have been doing it. The biggest problem is ACADE and Inventor do not work well together.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community