AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AutoCAD Electrical blog

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
PatMurnen_Adsk
9223 Views, 48 Replies

New AutoCAD Electrical blog

There is a new Autodesk blog which will focus on AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD ecscad. I am going to be a regular contributor on AutoCAD Electrical topics and so will Jared Bunch who has also been with AutoCAD Electrical for many years.

Check it out at http://autodesk.typepad.com/systemsdesign/

Also, if you have any suggestions for future topics add a comment to any of my blog articles that are already posted.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

48 REPLIES 48
Message 21 of 49
CAD-ICE
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi Pat,

sorry to bring this up in this post but I have tried by sending a new tread on the forum but without any results.

The question I have regards what I would like to call "Intelligent publishing to pdf".

Some competitors to ACADE are offering this feature in various scales. To explain what it involves in a short matter I would say that when publishing project to pdf you also include the surer facilities such that you can surf in the pdf document similar to surfing in ACADE. Do you think that we can expect that this function will be integrated or not?

Thank´s again for all your support, Gary

Message 22 of 49
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Gary,

AcadE does not currently provide this type of PDF output. For legal reasons I cannot comment on what might be in a future release.

I can tell you that this has been logged as a wish list item for a future release. This means that it is considered along with other items requested.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 23 of 49
PLM3003

Hi Gary,

Autodesk has two solutions for electrical schematics: AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD ecscad.

AutoCAD ecscad has an 'intelligent' PDF publishing; including bookmarks (content list and device list), surf and navigate across crossreferences, text search, embedded data sheets and much more.

I do not know why Autodesk tells only selected customers about it. Like AutoCAD Electrical, Autodesk ecscad is also part of the Product Design Suite Premium and Ultimate.

Regards - Karl

Message 24 of 49
testsubject
in reply to: PLM3003

I thought ecscad was only sold in Europe....

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 25 of 49
PLM3003
in reply to: testsubject

Hi Bob,

as far as I know, yes and no. I know that some customers using AutoCAD ecscad worldwide. I don't understand why not everyone can buy it everywhere. There are no technical reasons; e.g. AutoCAD ecscad supports JIC. It would be interesting to get an explanation. Maybe an interested customer should insist to get it. 

Regards - Karl

Message 26 of 49
CAD-ICE

Hi Karl and thank´s for yor input in this matter.

I´m surpriced... what´s the reason for having two software packages doing the same work.

I thought that Autodesk was trying to increase their marketshare in Europe with Autocad Electrical. I haven´t heard much about ECSCAD but I would appreciate if you could give me some points. Are you stationed in Europe and are you using this software? Is this software something similar to Autocad Electrical?

Thank´s again for sharing your knowledge.

Regards, Gary

Message 27 of 49
PLM3003

Hi Gary,

you are right! I am from Europe and I am using AutoCAD ecscad (and from time to time also AutoCAD Electrical). With both products, AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD ecscad, you can create schematics (and all the additional stuff). Compared to AutoCAD Electrical, it is a database driven online system. The database contains all logical information and is at any time up-to-date. AutoCAD ecscad has no 'update cross references/sheet numbers' etc. functionality - it is not necessary, everything is always logical correct. There are of course some more differences. Unfortunately, there is no information in English on the Autodesk website. The product itself is fully localized (user interface, manual, ..) - English, French, German, ...

Attached an AutoCAD ecscad brochure.

Maybe someone from Autodesk has more information for you.

Best regards - Karl

Message 28 of 49
dougmcalexander

AutoCAD ecscad is not marketed in North America but companies with home offices in other parts of the world do acquire it and use it in North America.  I support some of these customers and helped implement ecscad with JIC and NFPA design formats for them, including the creation of catalog and article data.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 29 of 49
CAD-ICE
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi agian,

still wondering about Autodesk future plans for these two software platforms. Will both of them get the same attention for promotion on various markets? Are there plans to integrate the two into one or...?

Thx, Gary

Message 30 of 49
leeholl

Autodesk is committed to the electrical engineering business and our customers worldwide. Different regions have unique expectations and our products are positioned to meet those needs. For competitive reasons, we choose not to discuss our future strategy in an open forum, but if you would like to contact me directly at lee.hollingworth@autodesk.com providing your name, contact information and reason for the interest, we can evalute the appropriateness of further discussion under a non-disclosure agreement.

Regards,
Lee

Message 31 of 49

Hello All,

I'm a student and I'm designing an electrical plan and a ceiling plan. Basically, what I'm looking for is CAD blocks of the light fxture and electrical plans (as shown in legends), so I can just insert the blocks into my drawing.

Do you know how to get them for free or if Auto CAD has it somewhere?

Thanks,

Paula

Message 32 of 49
s.wile
in reply to: paulapowercad

Student copies can be downloaded here...

http://students.autodesk.com/

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 33 of 49

hola queria saber si alguien me pudiera ayudar con los productos de autodesk sucede que compre hacer poco una laptop ASUS N56V Y HE DESCARGADO VARIOS PRODUCTOS DE AUTODESK Y NO PUEDO INICIARLOS YA QUE se presenta el siguiente error ( fatal error unhandled access violation writing 0x0000 exception at 0h) y no se que hacer si alguien me pudiera colaborar como solucionar este error lo agradeceria 

mi correo es camilom_1989@hotmail.com

Message 34 of 49
sar5643
in reply to: jbender

where I can get manuals in Spanish?

thanks

[
Message 35 of 49

I have been using AutoCAD Electrical for many years, for many different companies. On many occasions I have been asked to create a report that contains all the specific information about particular cables as a bill of materials. As things stand I can create a bill of materials report of all components within my schematics which is useful, however it doesn't link together the relevant parts of a particular cable. Eg. (Cable Tag, Part number), (Connector 1 Tag, Part number), (Connector 2 Tag, Part number). Basically a 'harness' report, it would also be good to have a rundown of the component parts of each of the sections eg. (Cable marker part number) and a list of individual parts list for the connectors including accessories within the same report. I realise I can get all this data as things are now, but to tie everything together as a complete cable I have to do this manually in a spreadsheet.

Message 36 of 49

Has anyone france manual?

Message 37 of 49

This post seems to have become a catch all for questions. It was meant to just be an announcement about the blog.

I would recommend starting a new thread for questions unrelated to the blog.

Regarding the cable report - it might be possible to get what you want with a customized user post .lsp file. I can probably help you with it if you can provide the information you want to see in the report. It is easiest to start with a report that is closest to what you want, say the cable from/to report, then let me know what other information you need, for example the CAT  and MFG for CMP1 (field in cable from/to report). If you can point me to fields in other reports, even better.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 38 of 49

You can find the French copy of the Help at http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2014/FRA/index.html . I do not believe there are any 3rd party manuals for AutoCAD Electrical.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 39 of 49
todd.hall
in reply to: josefv_negro85

NO, it does not. We are using a combination of Inventor and ACADE to get it done. I have been after Autodesk for over 5 years to get these 2 softwares working together. Solidworks electrical and their 3D package use a common database. I am looking into it because if Autodesk does not do something soon, I may be forced to switch to Solidworks.

Message 40 of 49
todd.hall
in reply to: josefv_negro85

NO, But If you are willing to make up work arounds and have a few programs written, then you can do panel wiring similar to solidworks. I have been doing it. The biggest problem is ACADE and Inventor do not work well together.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost