AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some programming advice - Drawing Selection Dialog

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
drathak
330 Views, 2 Replies

Need some programming advice - Drawing Selection Dialog

We have a consultant working on some things for us and in one of the tools I want to be able to choose the scope of the edits being asked for/applied using the standard ACE dialog box shown below.  I need to be able to choose a subset of files based on the project subfolder, as shown below.

They don't seem to think they can use that, I say it almost has to be a part of the API since several commands make use of it. In fact, I think it may be this API call: c:wd_pdwgs    Pick from list and return list of picked drawing file names.

Does anyone have any references I can point them to?  I really should learn all of this myself but I haven't had the time yet.

FileSelection.jpg

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: drathak

Joe,

I don't know if any reference in any sample code where this might be used, but you are correct in the API you mention.  It will bring up the drawing selection dialog and return a list of selected drawings.  You can see it by just typing the below line in at the command line in AutoCAD Electrical:

(c:wd_pdwgs (nth 6 (c:wd_proj_wdp_data)) "" "" 1)

Once you select the drawings you want and select OK on the dialog, the selected drawings will be returned to the command line.  When called in the code this same list of drawings would be return to it.

Now there could be some issue the consultant is running into when calling this that I am not aware of though.  There are situations that can cause some API's to not work properly depending on what the rest of the code is doing at the time, especially when dealing with AutoLISP (if that is what they are writing the tool in).  Or there could be cases where calling an AutoLISP API has issues being called from within C++ code.  So there might be issues that are preventing them from calling this API, but the above API is the one you are looking for as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 3 of 3
drathak
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks!  Did some searching based on that and found some more information for them.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost