AutoCAD Electrical General

Distinguished Contributor
april_herr
Message 1 of 3 (142 Views)
Accepted Solution

Naming wire types

142 Views, 2 Replies
08-22-2011 08:44 AM

I am setting up a wire type table.  When I get to multi- colored wire, I am given an error.  We always name our wire

(W/BK) #12 The error message says I am unable to use that symbol.  Any way around that?

Thanks, April

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 3 (139 Views)

Re: Naming wire types

08-22-2011 09:40 AM in reply to: april_herr

You can't use a slash.  Computers try to interpret slash as a directory switch.  You can use an underscore.  In the old days layer names could not contain a space so we used underscore to delineate.  I still do out of habit.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 3 of 3 (132 Views)

Re: Naming wire types

08-22-2011 11:07 AM in reply to: april_herr

Hi.

You could always give the wire layer a wire color label "substitute". In a wire label you can use a slash, and when creating a from/to reports, run the user post "substitue wire color/gauge label text for LAYER names", and your user specified wire color will be used.

THL

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community