Mentor
johnq
Message 1 of 4 (367 Views)
Accepted Solution

Multiple part number options

367 Views, 3 Replies
10-09-2012 05:15 PM

Hi Folks.

I have a question on how to handle psrt numbers in a BoM where there are many options.

I do not have a problems where there is a push button,with multi NC or NO contacts and say a lock mechanism.

The Parent child concept looks after that combination.

My delemer is internal options that need to be ordered from the manufacturer.

EG    An ORION  PFSMPR-1XXX    The first X has two options

The second X has two options

The third X has five options.

This all expands to the unit having 20 options.   Is there a simple method if listing 1 of these 20 options from a list without  having 20 line items in the parts catalogue.

My question is not urgent but I would like to hear from you folks as to what might be your solution.

Cheers  John Quigley

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 4 (358 Views)

Re: Multiple part number options

10-10-2012 07:28 AM in reply to: johnq

John,

If each option gernerates a different part number, I would think that you would want a seperate record in the database for each option combination. I would do it that way.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 3 of 4 (341 Views)

10-10-2012 07:16 PM in reply to: testsubject

I do the same as Bob with this.

However I only add the part number when I need to use it rather than doing all of them in one session.

Some options will never be used and will only cause bloating of the catalog database.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Mentor
johnq
Message 4 of 4 (337 Views)

10-10-2012 07:56 PM in reply to: Icemanau

G'day Folks

Thanks for your replys.  Your answers are what I thought but it is nice to know I am on the righttrack and that there was not another solution.

Cheers  John Quigley

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community