AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple part number options

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
johnq
610 Views, 3 Replies

Multiple part number options

Hi Folks.

I have a question on how to handle psrt numbers in a BoM where there are many options.

I do not have a problems where there is a push button,with multi NC or NO contacts and say a lock mechanism.

The Parent child concept looks after that combination.

My delemer is internal options that need to be ordered from the manufacturer.

EG    An ORION  PFSMPR-1XXX    The first X has two options

The second X has two options

The third X has five options.

This all expands to the unit having 20 options.   Is there a simple method if listing 1 of these 20 options from a list without  having 20 line items in the parts catalogue.

My question is not urgent but I would like to hear from you folks as to what might be your solution.

Cheers  John Quigley

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: johnq

John,

If each option gernerates a different part number, I would think that you would want a seperate record in the database for each option combination. I would do it that way.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: testsubject

I do the same as Bob with this.

However I only add the part number when I need to use it rather than doing all of them in one session.

Some options will never be used and will only cause bloating of the catalog database.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 4 of 4
johnq
in reply to: Icemanau

G'day Folks

Thanks for your replys.  Your answers are what I thought but it is nice to know I am on the righttrack and that there was not another solution.

Cheers  John Quigley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost