AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple attribute definition editing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
riquemartinez
533 Views, 3 Replies

Multiple attribute definition editing

Hello,
Is there a way to change the definition for multiple attributes at one time.

For Ex: I am trying to change the tag definition for several attributes and up to now I only know of editing one by one.

the attribute tag definitions are something like :

TERM40 WANT TO CHANGE TO ----> TERM51
TERM41-----------------------------------> TERM52
TERM42-----------------------------------> TERM53
TERM43------------- ETC.
TERM44

Do you have a better way of doing this?
I have hundreds of these to change

Thanks
Jorge Martinez
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: riquemartinez

I see you have to add 11 on to the TERM no. Are these attributes on a single file ... or do you have several such files ? In any case, I think a small custom VBA/Lisp routine can be made to do the task ... Regards Abhishek "riquemartinez" wrote in message news:7879526.1074285021140.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Hello, > Is there a way to change the definition for multiple attributes at one time. > > For Ex: I am trying to change the tag definition for several attributes and up to now I only know of editing one by one. > > the attribute tag definitions are something like : > > TERM40 WANT TO CHANGE TO ----> TERM51 > TERM41-----------------------------------> TERM52 > TERM42-----------------------------------> TERM53 > TERM43------------- ETC. > TERM44 > > Do you have a better way of doing this? > I have hundreds of these to change > > Thanks > Jorge Martinez
Message 3 of 4

Hi Abhishek,
No. Not necessarily 11. It could be any value.
These are the values (Attributes) created when using the ACAD Electrical. When you create a panel footprint with terminals it creates these attruibutes.

In my case the blocks can be rather large with losts of terminals (100+) and it becomes quite lentghy to change attribute definition by hand when copying from another block and so forth.

All attributes are in the same drawing file, If I understood you correctly.

I have attached a sample in case you will need.
\
Thank you
Jorge Martinez
Message 4 of 4
riquemartinez
in reply to: Anonymous

15 years later.... I Thank you kindly. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:
I see you have to add 11 on to the TERM no. Are these attributes on a single file ... or do you have several such files ? In any case, I think a small custom VBA/Lisp routine can be made to do the task ... Regards Abhishek "riquemartinez" wrote in message news:7879526.1074285021140.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Hello, > Is there a way to change the definition for multiple attributes at one time. > > For Ex: I am trying to change the tag definition for several attributes and up to now I only know of editing one by one. > > the attribute tag definitions are something like : > > TERM40 WANT TO CHANGE TO ----> TERM51 > TERM41-----------------------------------> TERM52 > TERM42-----------------------------------> TERM53 > TERM43------------- ETC. > TERM44 > > Do you have a better way of doing this? > I have hundreds of these to change > > Thanks > Jorge Martinez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost