AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple BOM / Catalog Issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
phinkel
653 Views, 6 Replies

Multiple BOM / Catalog Issue

i've entered 17 items into the multiple BOM while under the Panel Layout.   When i go back to the items, the list only shows 10 and i can't edit anything past item #10.   However, everything shows up on the BOM.  Why can't i edit the remaining items?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Wheelie22
in reply to: phinkel

In the Insert/Edit Component dialog

Click - Multiple Catalog

Multiple Catalog.png

If you select the Sequential Code, than Catalog Lookup to change.

Message 3 of 7
JeffAcadE
in reply to: Wheelie22

I don't think you understand his problem, I actually just got the same problem. I entered 30 parts last week, no problem, but today I can only change 10, since the sequential code only goes up to 10, and not 99 as is suppose to, the other 20 are hidden or something..
If i enter the same block again from the icon menu, I can enter all 30 parts again, up to 99, So I think, Lets copy everything from the old block into the new.. but Again, when I go back to the same block, it is reduced to 10 parts again... Pretty annoying
I'm using AcadE 2013 btw

Message 4 of 7
JeffAcadE
in reply to: JeffAcadE

I found out that it is not the block itself, because it happens to certain parts. I entered 23 of the 28 needed parts, 1 by 1, and 5 of them causes this problem, at any random order.. These 5 parts are all newly entered last week, but some of the other 23 are newly made also, and causes no problem at all.
anyone else had this problem???

Message 5 of 7
JeffAcadE

I found the problem..

The problem happens when entering a part from the TRMS Family. Apperently when using something from this Family, it decreases the Multiple catalog amount from 99 to 10.
Prevent this by changing every item you want added to a part with more than 10 catalog items to a different Family code, or use a different block for the TRMS family code.

if anyone has a different solution, or a way to change this, let me know 🙂

Message 6 of 7
vapopa

Yes I have a solution!

Here is what i've done.

Effectively the problem is caused by the TRMS family code.

Here are the steps to avoid the problem:

1. Look after your part in TRMS family
  2. Bring-it to the list and right now change the name of the family!!!! (in my case I selected AM)

2017-01-20_11-23-16.png

1. Press Ok, the part will be accepted but the in the description will disappear, is normal because you just changed the family name.

2017-01-20_11-26-26.png

2017-01-20_11-27-07.png

1. No go back to the Multiple catalog, find your part an re-change the Table to TRMS.

The description will re-appear in the list, and also all 99 items will be accessible.

Voila.

Enjoy.

Message 7 of 7
vapopa
in reply to: vapopa

I have another solution for this problem, way more simple!!!

Just insure that the last piece on the BOM multiple catalog is not a part from the table ``TRMS`` (the table witch is the problem).

Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost