AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-level Terminal Blocks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ronbotkin
660 Views, 5 Replies

Multi-level Terminal Blocks

Occasionally when I use multi-level terminals I get an error if something is wrong with the level associations for one of the blocks.  When I try to go to edit the terminal strip the error occurs and I get an error message.  The message creates a log file - TSE_Error for the error.  Can anyone tell me how to read the information in the log file to find the bad terminal blocks rather than have to delete them all on a drawing and reinsert them?  The log file tell me the record, field (07. Terminal Level Identifier), Strip Tag, Location, Symbol Handle and Drawing Name, but it only get me to the drawing and which strip it is on.

Thanks for any help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CAD-ICE
in reply to: ronbotkin

Hi there,

just wondering if someone could comment on this thread. I´m experiencing the same beahavior.

I´m working on ACADE2013 64 bit machine windows 7 professional.

This happened just after inserting a four conductor double deck terminal strip (Wago 2002-2951).

Attachced is the terminalblock I´m using...maybe some attributes are missing I´m not sure.

Thanks again.

Regards, Gary

Message 3 of 6
afutterer

Does the Terminal Symbol Handle refer to the block symbol name?  If not that may be the key to the issue.  There are reports for terminals and wire to from lists that may allow you to see this handle in the list.  That may help pinpoint the issue.  In my experience, however, It seems that when things like this happen there is no good way to identify the specific element causeing the issue.   I wish Adesk would do better with thier fault and error reporting.  Can you post the drawing file so I can download it and check it out?

Message 4 of 6
CAD-ICE
in reply to: afutterer

Hi there and thank´s for taking interest in this issue.

I managed to pinpoint which terminal was causing the issue by exporting terminals to spreadsheet and thereby being able to identify which terminal was causing this issue from the handle code. I then just deleted that terminal and reinserted it again whereby all went to normal behaviour again.

I agree with you that Autodesk should improve the fault/error reporting facility...that could save some time a lot of users.

Regards, Gary

Message 5 of 6
afutterer
in reply to: CAD-ICE

excellent.  glad you got it.

Message 6 of 6
laucha13

Same issue for me.

The problem arrives when I have more than 1 level in my schematics terminal.

The error message indicates wich drawing and terminal strip causes the problem.

Each time you fix one, ther error messages moves to next.

So to fix it edit the block, go to block properties and change the "levels" field to 1 (1 did it one by one)

Once you change all the terminals to one level, you will be able to open the editor and modifiy the terminals.

Hope it helps... it is a very frustrating issue!!

Charles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost