AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Level Terminals - Numbering and Levels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
emcgill
684 Views, 3 Replies

Multi Level Terminals - Numbering and Levels

I have two questions regarding multi-level terminals

1) I can associate two terminals together so that one is on the upper level and one on the lower level of the same terminal easily enough.  What I want to be able to do is give both terminals the same number, and then when I change that number on one terminal, it automatically changes on the other.  Is this possible?

2) When I have two terminals associated, one on each layer, I would like the level to be displayed on the schematic as well.  This is so that the wireman can easily see which level to connect to, upper or lower.  By modifying the terminal symbol I can get it to display level labels with attribute LnnLABEL (where nn is the level number) but this only displays the level label for the part number assigned to the terminal, so it is the same for all instances of the terminal.  What I would like it to say is what level that particular terminal is on.  Is this possible?

Yours hopefully,

Euan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JMARSHALL1249
in reply to: emcgill

Hi Euan,

I would also like to see a solution to point number 2). But I am not aware this is possible.

Regarding point 1)

The way I link two terminals together is by creating a layer called 'Jumper'. I believe the layer has to begin with 'J' to work correctly. Then make this your current layer and draw a wire between the two terminals (a jumper link). This connection will not appear on your wiring sequences at it is known to be a jumper link. When you number the wires now, you will see only one wire number for the two terminals.  If you do not want to see the 'Jumper' layer visible, you can either hide it permanently, or make it hidden when plotting only, within the 'Format Layers' menu.

Message 3 of 4
emcgill
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

I am not looking to 'jumper' terminals together as you suggest, this I do in the Terminal Editor. And I have added XLINKS to my terminal symbol to be able to show the links between terminals.

I suppose what I want is to have what we have with other types of components, parent and child associations for different levels on a multi-level terminal, so that I can draw the wire connections to each level individually, but still be able to have the Tag linked between them, so that when I change the Tag on one it changes on the other.  Am I making sense?

Message 4 of 4
JMARSHALL1249
in reply to: emcgill

I understand fully what you are looking for, with regard to renumbering and displaying multi-level terminals.  I have not found a solution to this myself, unfortunately...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost