AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Valued Mentor
SeanFarr
Message 1 of 4 (519 Views)

Multi-Conductor Cable Representation

519 Views, 3 Replies
08-20-2013 08:33 AM

Good Day,

I am having quite a time trying to represent a 30 Multi-Conductor Cable on a drawing. I am an extreme beginner to AutoCAD, let alone the Electrical version. I have been getting by drawing by drawing, but now I can't seem to figure this out.

My manager wants this 30 multi-conductor cable to run to 3 separate terminal block sections. I am not working on layers or anything technical like that. Just want a simple drawing to represent the cable feeding the terminal blocks, (not connected with a T-dot)

I found this thread here, but it is way over my head. I don't understand the terminology, although it is what I require.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/Fan-in-Fan-out-tutorial/m-p/1820380/highlight/true#...

Can anyone provide a video or tutorial on how to fan in or fan out wires? My drawing is attached and a pic of the sketch I am trying to duplicate

Thanks!!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Valued Mentor
SeanFarr
Message 2 of 4 (489 Views)

Re: Multi-Conductor Cable Representation

08-21-2013 10:46 AM in reply to: SeanFarr

Anybody have a few minutes to take a screen capture or video of how to apply fan in/fan out feature in AutoCAD Electrical?

Thanks!

Sean Farr

alljones
Message 3 of 4 (475 Views)

08-22-2013 12:24 AM in reply to: SeanFarr

Hi Sean

Have a look at Doug’s site, http://www.ecadconsultant.com/

He has a very good tips / tricks section which was a complete god send when I was learning, I’m certain there is a section for fan in/fan out of wires in the How To's section

Best Regards

Allan

Tech Safe Systems Ltd

Valued Mentor
SeanFarr
Message 4 of 4 (463 Views)

08-22-2013 05:16 AM in reply to: alljones

Thanks for the reply,

I have been through his tutorial and am still unsure, I have read and re-read the parapgraph he has written, but I think he explains more on how to create the multi-conductor wire on a specific layer for tracking and documentation.

i just need to visually show that wire coming off a wire are not connected ( with a T-Dot), that it is just a separate wire branching off (round, fillet won't work to show this)

I would like to represent this:

round.png

but I can get it this which isn't correct, and I can manually add a small arch and cop and paste this in each section, but there has to be a way to round the connection??

t-dot.png

Sean Farr

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community