AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Conductor Cable Representation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SeanFarr
5325 Views, 3 Replies

Multi-Conductor Cable Representation

Good Day,

I am having quite a time trying to represent a 30 Multi-Conductor Cable on a drawing. I am an extreme beginner to AutoCAD, let alone the Electrical version. I have been getting by drawing by drawing, but now I can't seem to figure this out.

My manager wants this 30 multi-conductor cable to run to 3 separate terminal block sections. I am not working on layers or anything technical like that. Just want a simple drawing to represent the cable feeding the terminal blocks, (not connected with a T-dot)

I found this thread here, but it is way over my head. I don't understand the terminology, although it is what I require.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/Fan-in-Fan-out-tutorial/m-p/1820380/highlight/true#...

Can anyone provide a video or tutorial on how to fan in or fan out wires? My drawing is attached and a pic of the sketch I am trying to duplicate

Thanks!!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SeanFarr
in reply to: SeanFarr

Anybody have a few minutes to take a screen capture or video of how to apply fan in/fan out feature in AutoCAD Electrical?

Thanks!

Sean Farr

Message 3 of 4
alljones
in reply to: SeanFarr

Hi Sean

Have a look at Doug’s site, http://www.ecadconsultant.com/

He has a very good tips / tricks section which was a complete god send when I was learning, I’m certain there is a section for fan in/fan out of wires in the How To's section

Best Regards

Allan

Tech Safe Systems Ltd

Message 4 of 4
SeanFarr
in reply to: alljones

Thanks for the reply,

I have been through his tutorial and am still unsure, I have read and re-read the parapgraph he has written, but I think he explains more on how to create the multi-conductor wire on a specific layer for tracking and documentation.

i just need to visually show that wire coming off a wire are not connected ( with a T-Dot), that it is just a separate wire branching off (round, fillet won't work to show this)

I would like to represent this:

round.png

but I can get it this which isn't correct, and I can manually add a small arch and cop and paste this in each section, but there has to be a way to round the connection??

t-dot.png

Sean Farr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost