AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from dwg to dwg not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
253 Views, 5 Replies

Move from dwg to dwg not working

Hello,
When I click the arrows to move from one drawing to another drawing in a project, it is not working. It did this morning.
I have switched between to SDI and MDI without effect.
Secondly, one reason I am doing this is that my Layer States,
which I use on panels, will not regenerate fully unless I use this method to reopen the drawing with the changed state. Redraw doesn't do it.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Lynne
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If your "active" drawing is not poart of the "active" project, then you can't move to the next or previous page.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Martin,
I just encountered this again, and checked to make sure the project was active. It was.
I was able to get it to work by involking the config menu. Maybe some of the software isn't loading until you call a certain type of command. I know this occured long ago in WD v16-if you hit escape at the wrong time, you couldn't access some menus.
Lynne
Message 4 of 6
dougmcalexander

It sure sounds like the drawing(s) are not part of the active project. The arrows will be grayed out if the drawing is open but is not part of the active project. This can easily happen in MDI mode when you may open a drawing from a different project for reference purposes. It can also happen in SDI mode but there will be no drawings from the active project open, once you load the drawing from a different project.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I dunno, Lynne. I've never had this issue outside of what I posted the other day. Are you opening the drawing without using the Porject Manager? I know that this will cuase some ACE functioins not to work.

And back to the second part of your original post regarding the redraw. Have you tried the "Regen" command?

I'm sorta scratching my head on your navigating problem.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I have this exact same problem. It is not a product of being in an active project. I can delete all projects in the recent list, have only one project available, and it still does not work. I can create a new project, same result. I can re-open and activate projects that have always previously worked, no luck. I have forwarded this isuue to my local support, am still waiting for an answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost