AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor wire connections - X0STRETCH

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mako68
555 Views, 4 Replies

Motor wire connections - X0STRETCH

Hi,

How should the X0STRETCW work with motor wire connections? If I draw a three wire bus with vertical spacing value as 5 and insert a motor symbol on the wire (mm scale 1) it does not connect wires automatically...It seems that this works only then when the spacing is big enough over 7 (without PE connection)  and spacing 10 with PE.

Is the only way to scale the symbols before inserting them?

Mako

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: mako68

Hi.

AcadE's X0 type connection point doesn't like narrow wiring.

So, for the Norwegian/Danish localizer for AutoCAD Electrical, I created special 5 mm symbol for all symbols that needes to be narrower, like this:

5mmSymbols.PNG

Then, in the demo project, we added a search path to this library of 5mm symbols in the project:

5mmSymbolSettings.PNG

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hello Rhesusminus.

one quick question to your answer. How are you familiar with the Norwegian/Danish localizer ?

Are you working in Scandinavia?

I´m working with ACADE in Iceland and we have similar requirements as in Scandinavia.

Would be interesting to hear from you on this matter.

My work e-mail is sit@verkis.is

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 5
randybrunette
in reply to: mako68

I have tried this, but I think the reason the smaller spacing does not work well is because of how the X0STRETCH attribute is designed.

The connecting line is extended from the insertion point of the X0STRETCH attribute to the three phase lines. The path or angle of the connection line is determined by the angle created from the insertion point of the symbol (usually the center of the motor) out through the insertion point of the X0STRETCH attribute.

I suspect the lines aren't connecting properly because the distance between the X0STRETCH is too close to the distance between the three phase wires.

Randy Brunette
Brunette Technologies, LLC
randy.brunette@brutec.us
www.brutec.us
Message 5 of 5

Sorry, I meant to say that I have NOT tested this situation.

So, now I have tested it. The three phase motor symbol I inserted had a spacing of 12.8078 between the two X0STRETCH attributes. This means if the rung spacing was smaller than 6.4, the wires will not connect correctly.

Randy Brunette
Brunette Technologies, LLC
randy.brunette@brutec.us
www.brutec.us

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost