AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More PLC Graphic Styles

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
611 Views, 7 Replies

More PLC Graphic Styles

I would like to create a gaphic style of a PLC that is similar to the image provided however I don't know how to make the block look like that and make it work with all the PLC's. Can someone help.plc_graphic_style.jpg

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Tee.Dee
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you are not familiar with the PLC Database File Editor I would suggest you read up on how to use it first, then you can create modules.

Firstly you would need to create custom terminal blocks.

If you go to the PLC Database File Editor and click the settings button you will get a list of existing Terminal blocks, these are what your existing PLC modules are built from. You can create your own blocks that can then be used to build your custom PLC module.

Next you would need to create your PLC module using the Terminal blocks you have just created, info on how to do this can be found in the help.

If you get stuck on the specifics let us know.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Tee.Dee

I am not sure if you can make it out from the drawing but the plc module is outside the ladder rung. When I go to insert it it does not connect automatically to the rung. Is there a way to do this?

Sławek
Message 4 of 8
Tee.Dee

Are you trying to insert a 'parametric' or 'full units' PLC?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

parametric

Sławek
Message 6 of 8
Tee.Dee

Depending on where your connection points are, you can place your module on top of the rungs you have already drawn and it should connect.

Are you able to attach your .dwg file with your PLC module already inserted?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

That is not exactly what I would like to do. Can I plAce the rung beside
and the rung not on top? And have the wires go to the plc as required.
Almost like telling the script to extend the line instead of break.

--
Slawek Wolski
Message 8 of 8
Tee.Dee

OK, i think I understand now. No not as far as I know.  You would need to stretch each wire to your PLC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost