AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Information from generated BOM report

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
WHW111
253 Views, 5 Replies

Missing Information from generated BOM report

I've used Acad Electrical for several projects without a problem. However on this one I'm missing information from my BOM report. Several components are not showing up on the report. I checked each component, (edit component), and all information appears to be present. The components do appear on the wire to/from report but not on the BOM reports. Any ideas?
Thanks-
Bill
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: WHW111

Bill, do the components have Catalog information assigned to them? They won't appear in a BOM report if they do not. You can use the Missing BOM report to locate any components that do not have catalog assignments. Pat Murnen Autodesk "WHW111" wrote in message news:21384452.1105477991828.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I've used Acad Electrical for several projects without a problem. However > on this one I'm missing information from my BOM report. Several components > are not showing up on the report. I checked each component, (edit > component), and all information appears to be present. The components do > appear on the wire to/from report but not on the BOM reports. Any ideas? > Thanks- > Bill
Message 3 of 6
WHW111

Thanks Pat. The parts in question do have the catalog information assigned to them. Everything seems to be fine, I just can't figure out why they won't show up on the generated BOM. If you have any other ideas, I'd be grateful. Thanks again.
Bill
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Bill, if you want to upload the drawing I could take a look at it. If you'd rather email it to me directly send it to pat.murnen@autodesk.com . Also, what version of AutoCAD Electrical are you using? Pat Murnen Autodesk "WHW111" wrote in message news:25653072.1105535263765.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks Pat. The parts in question do have the catalog information assigned > to them. Everything seems to be fine, I just can't figure out why they > won't show up on the generated BOM. If you have any other ideas, I'd be > grateful. Thanks again. > Bill
Message 5 of 6
WHW111

Thanks Pat. I'll e-mail the drawing to you right away. I'm using AutoCAD Electrical 2004.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Bill, per our emails - the tag name that was greater than 24 characters was causing a problem with the project's scratch database. Shortening the tag name to under 24 characters allowed the scratch database to build properly. The Bill of Materials report pulls the information for each component from this up-to-date database. Pat Murnen Autodesk "WHW111" wrote in message news:25627750.1105554292558.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks Pat. I'll e-mail the drawing to you right away. I'm using AutoCAD > Electrical 2004.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost