AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror a parametric plc module?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jgberce
406 Views, 1 Reply

Mirror a parametric plc module?

New to AcadE...want to do a PLC module wiring drawing.

I inserted a module using Components - Insert PLC Modules - Insert PLC (Parametric).

The wiring connections are on the left, we ALWAYS show them on the right.

Is there a way to mirror them to the other side?

I thought maybe I could make an alternate symbol, but couldn't find the PLCIO_A4D block .dwg file.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: jgberce

This is not my area of expertise but maybe this will bump your question up and you will get some good advice from other users.

Modules are usually wired from one side or the other depending on whether it is input, output, or combination. So the PLC Parametric modules are set up this way by default. The Parametric PLC modules are built on the fly using the information in the PLC database. So to change a module so it is wired from the other direction the changes need to happen in the database using the PLC Database Editor (on ribbon Schematic tab > Other Tools panel > expand panel > PLC Database File Editor).

When you are in the PLC database editor and select on a specific module you will see the information on the right showing which terminals etc. make up the module. You will see things like Terminal Point Wire Left, Contact Output Wire Right, and so on. This is how AutoCAD Electrical knows how to build this PLC module when you select to insert it.

This is just to point you in the right direction. There are a number of Help topics in the PLC chapter of the Help and there is a topic in the Advanced Productivity chapter called Use the PLC Database File Editor.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost