AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Utility

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JMARSHALL1249
1212 Views, 3 Replies

Migration Utility

Can someone help me with the Migration utility.  We have two AE2013 users. I want to update one users menus/catalogue lookup/components etc from those contained on my own PC.  Its migration utility shows no path data or anything, although the PC can browse to my PC over our network.  Is there a simple solution, or am I missing somthing.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The one way will be to modify the wd.env file stored on that computer to point it to the files stored on yours. Even better will be to copy them on a server and make modify the wd.env on all PCs to point them to the new location (network speed might affect performance). The wd.env file in Windows 7 is located here: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Acade 2013\AeData (if not Windows 7 do a search and you will locate it). Inside this wd.env files are lines for the catalog locations, libraries, menus, etc. For instance your original wd.env file will have this line:

WD_LIB,%SL_DIR%/jic125;%SL_DIR%/jic125/1-;%SL_DIR%/pneu_iso125;%SL_DIR%/pid;%SL_DIR%/hyd_iso125, schem, 1-line, and pneumatic/pid/hydraulic default paths 

You will need to modify it to the new locations, something like this:

WD_LIB,Y:/Path/Libs/jic125;Y:/Path/Libs/McRae;Y:\Path\Libs\Panel_External_Faceplates;Y:/Path/Libs/pneu_iso125;Y:/Path/Libs/pid;Y:/Path/Libs/hyd_iso125, schem, 1-line, and pneumatic/pid/hydraulic default paths 

If you need to transfer toolbars/ribbon customizations from one computer to another one:

1. if you are running the same version then you can use the Migration Utility,
  2. if not then you will have to save the CUI from the PC you want to copy from and open it in the Customize User Interface and drag&drop them (see the attached picture for the command and interface).

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4

Thats fantastic. Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
rwydesk500
in reply to: stefan.stamate

I want to 'migrate' my old customized Icon Menu (ACE 2014) to  the new Icon Menu (ACE 2015). I really wish this migration to a new version of the software didn't make me feel like I needed to become a programmer. It would be a much welcomed improvement (I suspect for more users than myself), if there was a migration utility to actually handle all of this 'automatically'. I could then, more quickly get back to what I do best. Am I missing something?

Apologies for the growl.

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016
Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost