AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Utility Schematic Icon Menu Images

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chriswillis5914
341 Views, 2 Replies

Migration Utility Schematic Icon Menu Images

I am switching 1 computer to another, XP to windows 7, and AcadE 2011 to 2012.  I lost my .png image link for the panel icon menu so the link to the dwgs on the server worked but images in the menu were not linked.  I manually assigned one of the images and found a copy on my local drive, then copied all of the other images to that folder which completed the migration of the panel icon menu.

I tried this with the schematic but could find no copy of the manually assigned .png

Does anyone know how to fix these schematic icon menu images?

Also another question is what I need to do to get my panel / footprint assignments (I previously assigned my custom panel .dwg footprints to specific manufacturer / part# components, some were new and some were already in the software.  How do I bring these assignments over?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

In regards to the second question, it is called the panel footprint lookup database.

Message 3 of 3

Hi.

As a general rule, you shouldn't have the complete path to the image file, in the icon menu, if you do it like that now. It should just say "FILENAME" in the image text box in the icon menu.

The PNG-files should normally be located in %APPDATA%\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 20XX\RXX.X\enu\support\IMAGES

Just go into windows explorer and type %APPDATA% in the address field to get to the correct folder.

Now, make sure that all PNG-files from the old computer is copied into the new location on the new computer..

You (or someone else) may also have changed the location for where the images should be saved. Check the WD.ENV file (located in My Documents\AcadE 20XX\AeData folder) for a change in the line that starts with WD_SLB. If this is set to a specific folder on the old computer, copy this setting to the new computer.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost