AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May have found a bug - Need someone to test this on another installation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
drathak
465 Views, 5 Replies

May have found a bug - Need someone to test this on another installation

First, some background.  Been having trouble with quotation marks and %%U codes going missing in my project.  So today, in order to rule out it being something I had messed up, I did the following.  I would appreciate it if someone would try this and let me know if they get similar results.

I created a new project using the demo project as a starting point.  Made two new drawings using the ACAD_ELECTRICAL.dwt template.  One for one line components, one for schematic.  Inserted a circuit breaker on the one line sheet and gave it a DESC1 of “TEST” (With quotes) and a rating of %%U2000%%U-5A.  Everything displays fine.

Then went to the schem. sheet and inserted a circuit breaker and chose the previous one from the schematic list and it copies the information over except the %%U codes are gone.  Fixed that and hit enter.  Get a prompt to update peer component and I let it do it.  Surf back to One line and the %%U codes are gone there.  Fixing them will only result in the schematic losing them again and so on ad infinitum.

Funny thing, the first time I did that the quotes got messed up too.  But so far, as I went through this time keeping track closer, the quotes have stayed put.  Going to try changing one of the DESC1’s and see what happens…

Yep, as I suspected, changing the DESC1 on the schematic triggered the change on the one line that erased the quotes.  So, two very much used things for us are now off the table because I can’t rely on them staying put.  The quotes we can learn to live without, but the under lining is something very much needed.  (In the power industry CT ratios are usually expressed like 3000/2000-5A to show the tap selected.)

Please let me know your results.  Thanks!

Oh, and I am attaching the project in case someone wants to start from that.  Guess I should also mention that I am using ACE 2013 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks!

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Wheelie22
in reply to: drathak

I only tested it (the %%U) to a report and it is not there.

Noticed before that a lower case is changed to upper case in the description part.

Not a bug, but an unexpected feature ! Smiley Embarassed

Message 3 of 6
drathak
in reply to: Wheelie22

@Wheelie22 wrote:

I only tested it (the %%U) to a report and it is not there.

Noticed before that a lower case is changed to upper case in the description part.

Not a bug, but an unexpected feature ! Smiley Embarassed

Thanks.  So you are saying the underline doesn't show up in reports?  I didn't think to check that.  I'll pass that along to the person I'm working with at AutoDesk.

As for the descriptions being all upper case, there is a place to set that.  In the Project Properties, Components tab, near the bottom is the option for "Description Text Upper Case" and it is checked by default.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 4 of 6
Wheelie22

Youre rigth, lower works if the project setting is OK.

But with this setting it still removes the %%U !

Message 5 of 6
drathak
in reply to: Wheelie22

Even more fun discovered.. Using the Export to Spreadsheet strips the %%U codes.  (But not %%C, %%D or %%O)

It also breaks quoted text.  "SEL-351" becomes "SEL-351 when exported.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 6 of 6
drathak

Bumping this up since it still happens in ACADE2015.

--------------
Joe Weaver

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost