AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing ACE2005

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MReed
125 Views, 1 Reply

Managing ACE2005

Hi All,
I am a relatively "new" user with ACE2005. I have been using it for about 10 months now (all on my own) and have a fairly ok knowledge on running what I need.
My question is, our company finally hired another designer and now I want to put the default catalogs and library that I have developed over the last year on the network so that both myself and the new guy can have access to it. I have the library on the server, but not real sure how to set up ACE defaults to look there opposed to looking in C:doc and settings...

Thanks,
Mike
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rstein
in reply to: MReed

MReed,
That is a great question that I see, and hear quite often in my profession. There are several levels you can put on a network drive. You can place symbols, catalogs, support files and some other things on there. The main place you will have to make changes to your system (to point ACE to the new locations) is the WD.ENV file located in your C:\doc......\aedata directory. this file can be opened with any text editor program. Basically you will find the entry that maps to the local space and change it to the network path.

I hope this helps
Robert Stein
INCAT
rstein@incat.com
www.incat.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost