AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a little assistance RE: BoM reports

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Doug.Work
407 Views, 3 Replies

Looking for a little assistance RE: BoM reports

Hey guys.  I am currently running reports in ACADE for Bills of Materials.  My issue is this:  The format they want to see is the 'SHT' # on the report (along with TAGNAME, QTY, MFG, CAT, DESC).  That in and of itself is not a problem, when running the report on the schematic, excluding the panel layout page.  When I run it INCLUDING the layout page, it shows everything thats been placed on the layout page as having 'SHT' <layout_page>.  As people know, there are some things on the layout page that don't show up on the schematics (accurate TB count, TB accessories, din rail, wire duct, etc), which need to be included in the overall BoM.  What I do now is run 2 reports (schematic only and layout only), combine the 2 reports, and manipulate it to show what I want.

It would be nice if there were a way to have the report run for the whole project, with the proper 'SHT' #s displayed, rather than the last page.  And yes, using the standard 'page-line #' TAGNAME layout its obvious which page/sht it's on, but this is how they want it to be displayed.  Who am I to argue?  So, does anyone know of a way I can get the report to display the proper format, with the actual 'SHT' #, or am I stuck doing the combine/manipulate method?

Thank you for the help

Doug

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Doug.Work

The schematic BOM does not include panel layout symbols. The panel BOM will only include schematic components that are not already in the panel layout, but even then, you must check the box to include them. So I'm not sure how you are getting panel components listed with a schematic BOM. Maybe I misunderstood.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
Doug.Work
in reply to: dougmcalexander

No, you didnt misunderstand, I misstated.  What I do right now, is run a panel BOM, and then run a schematic BOM, and merge the 2.  As stated earlier, there are some things that only appear on panel layout page (Enclosure, din rail, accurate TB count, TB jumpers, and the like).  I'm just wondering if there is a way to run a report that includes schematic items with their associative page/sht #, and the panel layotu only items.

The work around is fine, but I'm just looking to improve efficiency a little.  I have included a sample BoM that we do.  As I said, they have gotten used to having the sheet # on the BoM.  *shrug*  whats a guy to do.

Doug

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Doug.Work

This could have been easily solved by having a checkbox "Full: include panel component not referenced in the schematics" in the Schematic BOM, the opposite of the button you have in the Panel BOM.

I have always wondered why that option was missing for schematic BOM reports...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost