AutoCAD Electrical General

johnfraser3019
Message 1 of 3 (175 Views)

Long Wire Numbers

175 Views, 2 Replies
01-11-2013 09:52 AM

Hi There Everyone,

Just wondering if there is a way to override ACE's 24 character limit on wire numbers?  My customer wants a wire numbering scheme that includes wire numbers in the 32 character range.

If I use plain autocad attribute edit on a fixed wire number, I can use as many characters as I'd like, create wire number copies on the sheet, etc.  But when used in conjunction with a cross reference, the destination only picks up the first 24 characters of the source wire number.

Thanks for any feedback!

Valued Contributor
flyFisher67
Message 2 of 3 (97 Views)

Re: Long Wire Numbers

08-14-2013 09:38 AM in reply to: johnfraser3019

I'm also having trouble with this. Does anyone have a solution?

Using 2012.

johnfraser3019
Message 3 of 3 (93 Views)

Re: Long Wire Numbers

08-14-2013 09:53 AM in reply to: flyFisher67

I never found a solution.  In the end I manually editied any numbers over 24 digits.  It was very frustrating.  I don't understand why it's limited at 24 characters when ACE deals with 64 chars for tons of other things.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community