AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked down Wire Numbers - Is it possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
drathak
381 Views, 4 Replies

Locked down Wire Numbers - Is it possible?

I'm not talking about "fixing" the wire number's value.  I want them tp stay put after I tell them to. 

For example, as-is, if I have a wire number and put it where I want it on a wire., as soon as I do something else with that wire, the wire number relocates itself.  I want to stop that behavior.  Selectively, of course.

Any ideas?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
acade2012
in reply to: drathak

Not sure if it would do what you need but under either project properties or drawing properties, under wire numbes tab  there is a setting for new wire number placement.

You might want to try and see if those settings will do what you need.

Thanks

Dennis

Message 3 of 5
dougmcalexander

The wire numbers default to the center of a wire segment. If you lengthen the wire or add components the wire number can move on order to maintain its specified placement in the middle. You can control the default placement of wire numbers in Drawing Properties.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
drathak
in reply to: dougmcalexander

@dougmcalexander wrote:
The wire numbers default to the center of a wire segment. If you lengthen the wire or add components the wire number can move on order to maintain its specified placement in the middle. You can control the default placement of wire numbers in Drawing Properties.

I got that.  And it is exactly that beahavior I want to avoid.  The placement options are centered and offset from the beginning of the wire.  If using the beginning of a wire, I still have to relocate it after insertion.  But that may be the best bet for getting them to stay put.  I'll have to do some testing, but I suspect that changes to the wire would still cause the wire number to relocate.

Hey AutoDesk!  This is an area that could use some work.  😉

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Drathak,

You Could toggle the wire number inline which should lock it for most operations, then toggle it back to above (or below) line. Just note if you place it directly on top of the inline wire number it will move to the center.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost