AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Box - How to ignore "INST" and only use "LOC"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jdenny
324 Views, 2 Replies

Location Box - How to ignore "INST" and only use "LOC"

Hello.

I would like to use Location Box on my schematics, but I do not want the INST attribute changed. Meaining, whatever I put in the Location Box will take on the 'LOC" value of that box, but the "INST" should remain un-effected. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance. Jeff

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: jdenny

There should be 3 buttons next to the Installation field. These would be Drawing, Project & Pick "Like".

Just select Drawing or Project and pick the correct installation from the list. You could also use Pick Like to click on a current block to get the Installation data from it.

This should give your LOC box the INST you need to match the Dwg or Project.

Note that if you leave the Installation field blank, your components within the LOC box will have a blank INST field.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
jdenny
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad,

Thanks for your reply. I looked into your suggestions but they still cause the "INST" to change. What I have is a Location Box that contains many items with the same "LOC" but not the same "INST". If I leave the INST field blank in the Location Box it will blank out the INST value if I move a component in and out of the box. I'm really looking for a way to turn off the INST portion or defeat it in some manner.

thanks.

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost