AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loaded IEC need Ansi

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jjcolletta
732 Views, 3 Replies

Loaded IEC need Ansi

Can anyone tell me how I can remove the IEC library and then install the ANSI Library?

Thank you

Jack

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: jjcolletta

You can follow these instructions from the Help (Symbol Libraries > Managing Library Symbols > How to install additional symbol libraries).

How to install additional symbol libraries

During installation, you specified which symbol libraries to install. You can install additional symbol libraries later.

1. From the Control Panel select Add or Remove Programs.
  2. From the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, select the latest version of AutoCAD Electrical and click the Change/Remove button.
  3. On the AutoCAD Electrical Installation Wizard, click Add or Remove Features.
  4. On the Add/Remove Features page, click Next.
  5. On the Manufacturer Content Selection page, click Next.
  6. On the Select Symbol Libraries page, select the libraries you wish to install and click Next.
  7. Click Next to continue.

You probably will also want to change some of your project default settings. You can find information on this in the Help at Advanced Productivity > Configure projects for various drawing standards.

Hope this helps.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
pete.ippolito
in reply to: jjcolletta

Hi,

I went to add/remove programs and all the libraries were checked but everything was grayed out. I could not click on them to change. Does that mean they are installed? How to I switch from IEC to ANSI within AutoCad Eletrical 2010.

Thanks,

Pete Ippolito

Message 4 of 4

If they are disabled it means they were installed. If they are missing then you can repair your install.

Once they are installed then you need to direct the project to use that library. This is a per project setting.

1. In Project Manager, right-click on the project name and select Properties.

2. On the Project Settings tab expand the Schematic Libraries section.

3. Add and Remove library paths as needed. AutoCAD Electrical searches in the order shown to find a symbol when you select it to insert.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost