AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer types for wires

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
april_herr
472 Views, 6 Replies

Layer types for wires

In our schematic drawings, we use a hidden line type to show field wiring.  Is there a way to change the appearance of my lines after I create my many layers in "Create/Edit Line Type"?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sonny3g
in reply to: april_herr

have you ever worked with the layer manager?  You can edit line types associated with a layer and you can then export your layer configuration to a .LAS file.  This file can be imported into other drawings and you can restore layers and linetypes from it.  We have multiple .LAS files with different layer/linetype configurations.  These different configurations are for Panel Layouts, Assembly Details, Plant Layouts and etc....

Otherwise, you can write a lisp routine to create your linetypes and associated layers as you need.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 7
april_herr
in reply to: sonny3g

Thank you!  Much appreciate the fast response!

Message 4 of 7
april_herr
in reply to: sonny3g

No, I haven't used Layer Manager at all.  I thought I would type it in to the Help menu and find all the info I needed.  But when I did, nothing related to the actual manager is listed?  Where would I look to find this info?

Message 5 of 7
Icemanau

Have you tried opening the layer manager and clicking on the 'HELP' button there? It should take you straight to the relevent entry in the ACAD help file.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 6 of 7
flyFisher67

Just in case you are not sure how to access the layer properties manager, you can simply type layer on the command line and press enter. Or you can click on the icon that looks a lot like the attached image.

Message 7 of 7
april_herr
in reply to: flyFisher67

Thank you guys for the help.  I feel a bit foolish because I was really complicating this.  I thought layer manager was different from layer properties manager and indeed, I was not able to find it.  I have figured it out!  Sometimes the solution is so simple... Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost