AutoCAD Electrical General

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (90 Views)

LISCP or SCRIPT for renaming ladders in AutoCAD Electrical

90 Views, 2 Replies
01-19-2014 08:25 AM

I am looking for a LISP method to invoke the ladders to see the change on their FIRSTRUNG attribute.

Any ideas from the experts out there?

I have already completed the LISP that finds the first components of the ladders and then updates the values accordingly in FIRSTRUNG but then when i try to call the object method Update() with:

(vla-update AXName) ; where AXName is the Active X object of the first element in ladder

But the ladders don't update the rest of the rungs . . .

Any ideas??

Thanks!

-Wyatt

Active Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (84 Views)

Re: LISCP or SCRIPT for renaming ladders in AutoCAD Electrical

01-19-2014 08:52 AM in reply to: crosby.109

It looks as though the rest are just text and don't mean anything and there isn't a method to invoke, I just have to go in the code and change all the text . . . crikee

Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (32 Views)

Re: LISCP or SCRIPT for renaming ladders in AutoCAD Electrical

02-10-2014 12:20 PM in reply to: crosby.109

Yup. It is all text for a visual reference.

You can either double click on each text and edit the value of each, or use the revise ladder command in the Edit Wires/Wire Numbers pallet.

That will change the first ladder number, which is a "smart" block, and it will renumber every ladder number underneath it in one fell swoop.

Thomas Walls | AutoCAD Electrical 2013
CADMASTER TECHNOLOGIES, LLC
www.cadmastertech.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community