AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item numbers update

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
533 Views, 2 Replies

Item numbers update

Hi!

I have the following problem: copy most of the panel layout from one project to another, because this part is often repeated. And the item number must be updated.

What I have tried:

- Use copy-paste

- Create a template of repetitive parts of panel layout

- Copy the entire drawing into another project and then delete unnecessary parts

Item numbers has not changed. Then I run project wide update – component retag. But it did not help.

Tell me, please, what am I doing wrong? Item numbers aren’t fixed.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SeedyNotions
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you relinking them with your schematic components? How are you assigning the item numbers?

Message 3 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

After you add the panel layout to the new project, got to the Panel tab and click to Insert from Schematic List under the Icon Menu submenu.  Run this project-wide.  Sort the list as you wish and then click Mark Existing.  Any component listed with an "x" in the left column has an exact match between the schematic and the panel, meaning Tag, MFG/CAT/ASSYCODE, DESC, etc., are all the same.  If there is a "-" (dash) it means there is not even a tag match, meaning there are no components in both the schematic and panel that share the same tag assignment.  If there is an "o" in the left column it indicates the same tag appears in both the schematic and panel symbols, but something else is different, like perhaps the MFG/CAT assignment.

For item numbering, I recommend using the Resequence Item Numbers utility, found on the Panel tab.  This will automatically assign item numbers in or of manufacturer, project-wide.  

Caution: Even though ithe Resequence Item Numbers utility indicates that it will assign the item numbers alphabetically by manufacturer, or any order you set if you change it, it actually assigns first by drawing order and then alphabetically.  So if you have a Rittal panel with Square-D lights and buttons on drawing 4 and drawing 5 shows the subpanel with Allen-Bradley components, Rittal might be assigned "1", Square-D might be "2"and Allen-Bradley might get assigned "3".  It isn't truly alphabetical project-wide.  I have reported this to Autodesk, but there is no indication as to when it might possibly be corrected.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost