AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item numbers missing from BOM

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
James.Searing
1174 Views, 5 Replies

Item numbers missing from BOM

I have entered the sheet number in the drawing properties for every sheet and also attempted to renumber them using the Update/Retag feature. The sheet number is not populating in the sheet number field of the drawing discription report and it is missing from the ladder rung numbers. The ladder is set up to display sheet # then line number. Any help on a setting I may be overlooking would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Make sure the %S and not %s is used. The lowercase gave me problems or didn't work last time I saw this.

Message 3 of 6

It is a capital S. Below is a screen shot. I have the sheet number set in the drawing properties and for some reason it will not transfer to the sheet set report for the table of contents or to the line numbers.

Message 4 of 6

I'm just speculating, but check the name of the block at the top of your ladders.  Just double-click on the first rung number in each ladder and the Enhanced Attribute Editor will popup.  At the top left it will show the block name.  The first rung number is actually a block, the rest are text.  If the block is named something like WD_MLRH you must have inserted the ladder before you switched to sheet and numbers style line references.  The software requires a different block for each style of line referencing, so the decision as to which style will be used must be made prior to inserting ladders. In the case of sheet and line numbers style line references, the top rung number would use WD_MLRH6, not WD_MLRH. Block WD_MLRH doesn't have the proper attributes to display sheet number. 

You mentioned sheet set report, but I assume you mean Drawing List Report, the report you run by right-clicking over the active project in the project manager.  If your report format is set to include the sheet number field, and you have entered numbers into the sheet field of drawing properties, you should definitely see sheet numbers in your report, as shown in the attached screen capture.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6

IT is a MD_MLRH Block. Is there any way to change this now sense I have all of the ladders on all of the pages done already?

Message 6 of 6

Use the Swap Block Utility.  

You can choose Drawing-wide or Project-wide.  

Choose to select the replacement block from the file selection dialog (see attached screen capture).  

Navigate to the WD_MLRH6 block for Sheet and Numbers style or WD_MLRH7 for Sheet-Numbers style and click Open.  

Click the top rung number on any ladder.  The top rung number is the only block in a ladder, the rest of the numbers are text.  

Once the block is replaced, right-click on it and select Edit Component.  Check the box labeled Redo next to each ladder listed and click OK.  This updates the line references to the new format.  

Finally, go to the Project menu tab and perform a project-wide Update/Retag to update tags, wire numbers, and crossreferences. (see attached screen capture)

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost