AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to connect a schematic terminal with a footprint terminal?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rhesusminus
941 Views, 7 Replies

Is there a way to connect a schematic terminal with a footprint terminal?

Hi all.

I'm just windering, as I have gotten hold of a project to fix.

This project has hundereds of panel terminals, drawn with the TSE, before the schematics was drawn.

And so I have a lot of schematic terminals also drawn manually, not using the "Terminal (Panel list)" button.

So, the Termnial Strip Editor now has a LOT of duplicates.

Is there an easy way to "connect" the schematic terminals to the panel terminals at this stage?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
testsubject
in reply to: rhesusminus

As you probably know by now, ACE works best if you do the schematic first and then the panel layout.

Unfortunately, the fastest way is probably delete the strip from the panel and re-insert via the TSE.

That is what I have had to do in the past. Keep in mind that you will have to rerun Item Resequence and re-ballon all the terminals.

At least for me, the item number on the schematic is not being updated when I run the Item Number Resequence forcing me to redo it after inserting terminals.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: testsubject

Thanks for the response Bob.

This is a project I'm hired to fix, paid by the hour, so I guess the longer it takes, the better 😄

Not all terminals are drawn in the schematics, and should stay in the panel as "spares".

So, my workflow will be as follows:

1. Delete the panel terminals (taking note on how many they were)

2. Open the schematic strip in TSE, insert spare terminals where there is a hole in the numbering (tedious work), make sure the count is correct, and then insert it into the panel drawing.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 8
testsubject

That sounds about right.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 5 of 8
sonny3g

I would just create a new terminal strip using TSE first.  Insert it next to or near the existing panel terminal strip.  Compare the two and move what is missing from my newly created strip from the existing strip, THEN delete the remainder of the old existing strip and move the new and revised strip into position. 

I would do it this way because it will remove any schematic terminals that exist in the old terminal strip, while allowing me to keep spares and other required terminals, when it inserts the new terminal strip.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 6 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: sonny3g

As far as I understand, that won't work, because inserting the terminal strip again will erase the one already there?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 8
testsubject

rhesus,

If you do not have the schem terminals linked with the footprint terminal (which it sounds like you don't) then the ones that are already in place will not be re-located upon insertion.

You could do a quick test by creating a test project and see what happens...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 8 of 8
rhesusminus

Woohooo!

• Rebuilt the terminal strip in the oanel drawing using TSE
  • Deleted the duplicates from the panel drawing (made sure I deleted the "spare-terminals", note the "schematic-terminals")
  • Opened the terminal strip in TSE again, and clicked the header named "Number". Everything was sorted according to the terminal number.
  • Pressed rebuild, and AcadE correctly rebuilt the terminal strip in the panel drawing!

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost