AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation troubles: FaroSDK reports an error during the installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vermeerk
2841 Views, 2 Replies

Installation troubles: FaroSDK reports an error during the installation

I'm a student trying to install Autodesk Electrical 2012 on a Windows 7 machine.  I've downloaded the AutoCAD_2012_English_Win_32bit.exe file from the student area, and successfully installed the utilities.  The installer seemed generic, but I tried to install it anyways.  The .NET environment and Visual C++ Redistributables installed successfully, but the installer hangs on the FaroSDK step with the message:

AutoCAD 2012

An error occurred during the installation of asembly 'Faro.LS,version="1.1.406.58",type=win32",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1d23f5635ba800ab"'.  Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

Because I haven't been able to install the software, I can't very well get to the help and support.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
VORNORACK
in reply to: vermeerk

im having the same problem ..... can somone please help us?
Message 3 of 3
algerj
in reply to: VORNORACK

Hi Vornorack,

Sometimes the Faros Installer is a little flaky and you have to install it before the rest of the programs.

so on the media (...your download) look for something like:

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_PRDSU_2014_Enu_Win_64bit_dlm\3rdParty\x86\FaroSDK

(mine came from the Product design suite, thats why you see PRDSU_2014)

You should see "AutoCAD_Electrical".

oh and the error message is indicating that you downloaded (or tried to install) the wrong version.

if it came up and said Faros.... Processor Architecture = x86 it means the Faros Version is 32bit...

So if you have a 64 bit version of windows 7 it will not install properly. (if at all)

Make sure your downloaded version matches the computer.

Regards,

James Alger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost