AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inline Component Data:Using PLC I/O sprdsht to define terminal attributes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
blackseabrew
622 Views, 6 Replies

Inline Component Data:Using PLC I/O sprdsht to define terminal attributes

If I enter TS1:1+ in a DnTAG column of the PLC I/O spreadsheet and run the automated schematic generator, the TAGSTRIP attribute of my custom terminal reads TS1:1+ and the TERM01 attribute doesn't show anything.  I also tried renaming the TERM01 attribute to TERM so reflect what the ACADE instruction page indicates.  Didn't help though.  The TERM01 attribute remains blank.

I've also tried entering TERM01=1+ in a DnLOC column, but to no avail.  Nothing showed up in the TERM01 attribute location.

My terminal block is named Ht1_LCPR and is attached.  I have also attached my spreadsheet and the PLCIO wdi file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hello,

Please re-attach the terminal block drawing, and also the PLC spreadsheet and wdi file.

Seems there is no attachment in your original post.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7

Here's two of the files.

Message 4 of 7

Hello,

I can't use your spreadsheet to generate the PLC drawing in my side as some modules are missed. So i just make a change for the sample spreadsheet, and use your Ht1_LCPR block to generate the PLC drawing, the TERM01 has the value as 1+, refer to the attached screenshot.

One thing need to mention is that, in the DnLOC column, you need to input the ;TERM01=1+, there is a ";" before the TERM01=1+.

Please have a try and let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks Robin!!!!!

I see my spreadsheet entry was without the 'LOC;' in front of TERM01=1+.

I was following the directions supplied in the help funtion.  I have copied it below:

Tag (DnTAG)

The value to use for the TAG attribute of the component. For terminals, use this column to encode both the TAG and Terminal Number. Use this format TAGSTRIP:TERM where the colon character separates the terminal's TAG-ID value from the terminal number to apply to the TERM attribute. For example, "TB1:25" in the component tag column puts "TB1" on the TAGSTRIP attribute and "25" on the TERM attribute.

You can also use the colon delimiter to add pin number assignments to terminal symbols. Whatever follows the colon is inserted into the terminal’s TERM01 attribute; in this case, the pin number in your drawing. For example, if the terminal’s tag name is “TB1” and the pin number assignment is “1A” you would enter “TB1:1A” into the DnTAG field.

What you did is called out a couple of paragraphs after the the Tag(DnTAG) instructions.  So the instructions above are a bit misleading.

How would I go about entering MFG and CAT info for the same terminal.  Can I enter something like this 'LOC;TERM01=1+;MFG=Phoenix Contact; CAT=1017789'

Thanks so much for your help.  It is a huge time saver.

Best regards,

James Cook

Message 6 of 7

Hello James Cook,

For the following instruction in the help document.

Tag (DnTAG)

The value to use for the TAG attribute of the component. For terminals, use this column to encode both the TAG and Terminal Number. Use this format TAGSTRIP:TERM where the colon character separates the terminal's TAG-ID value from the terminal number to apply to the TERM attribute. For example, "TB1:25" in the component tag column puts "TB1" on the TAGSTRIP attribute and "25" on the TERM attribute.

You can also use the colon delimiter to add pin number assignments to terminal symbols. Whatever follows the colon is inserted into the terminal’s TERM01 attribute; in this case, the pin number in your drawing. For example, if the terminal’s tag name is “TB1” and the pin number assignment is “1A” you would enter “TB1:1A” into the DnTAG field.

it works for the sample PLC spreadsheet, with the default terminal HT0001, you can have a try with our sample spreadsheet.

And for your block, it doesn't work, I think there may be some problem with your terminal block. I am still looking your block and try to find what is the problem.

But any way, you can use the LOC;TERM01=1+;MFG=Phoenix Contact; CAT=1017789 to assign the TERM01, MFG and CAT info for the same terminal, refer to the attached screenshot, the MFG and CAT is assigned for your block.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7

Robin,

Thanks for the excellent solution and help.

With regard to the custom terminal, I'm confident it has to do more with the block name than the block itself.  Electrical treats terminal block names differently base on the third character.....0 or 1.  I wish I knew more about this subject and how to manipulate it to my needs.

I'll keep working with it and if I find something more I will let you know.

Best regards,

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost