AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include the converted blocks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
galashkina
405 Views, 5 Replies

Include the converted blocks

I converted from AutoCAD drawing to schematic AutoCAD Electrical.

Can I add new blocks in «Icon Menu Wizard» AutoCAD Electrical?

I have a problem with the attributes of the connection points, the attribute values «TERMn» assigned to other attributes. For example, the attribute «TERM1» in the converted block is set to "A", the attribute "TERM2" in the converted block is set to "B".

When I insert the converted block, attribute value "A" is assigned to the attribute "ASSYCODE", attribute value "B" is assigned to the attribute «INST». (1.jpg)

When I create blocks of «Symbol builder attribute editor» attributes also have the wrong values. (2.jpg)

How to include the converted blocks in graphical menu AutoCAD Electrical?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
galashkina
in reply to: galashkina

At the forum I have already received a lot of answers to their questions.
Thank you all!
Is this question will remain unanswered?Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
rhesusminus

Hi.

1. In the Symbol Builder, take away the A and B values from the Attribute Editor. What you write here will be the standard values for the new symbol. When you convert an existing attribute to an "AutoCAD Electrical"-atttribute, the old attribute tag is autmatically preserved as the default value. Leave the U in the TAG1 attribute to make U the family code for this symbol.
  2. To put this symbol into the Icon Menu, have a look at the Icon Menu Wizard.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 6
galashkina
in reply to: rhesusminus

Users have to do double duty. First convert the drawing into the scheme, and then create symbols and include them in the Icon Menu.

They do not want to do double work. They want to convert the drawing to the scheme and to include the Symbols in the Icon Menu.

Message 5 of 6
rhesusminus

Well.. yeah.

But, talking from 20 years of experience, converting schematics from one "ECAD system" to another, It can be automated up to 95%. However, this is expensive, and only applies to this one project. Also, what about the last 5%? Those 5% you have to track down manually, and takes a LOT of time.

So, converting symbol by symbol in AcadE, and use the functions there to convert a project manually, is also time consuming, but takes less time.

However, what I reccomend for all my customers, is to draw everything from the beginning when starting to use a new ECAD system. It's the only way to be sure that everything works as expected, and you learn all the ins and outs of the program doing it, something that really valuable for the future use of the program in your company.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 6
galashkina
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost