AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISA Standard and usability

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
automationstar
185 Views, 0 Replies

ISA Standard and usability

Any plans to make Electrical more user friendly out of the box for those of us using the ISA standard: ISA-5.1-1984 (R1992)?

It seems that anyone using the ISA standard, (Both Major and Minor U.S. Manufacturers, Integrators and Contractors) have to develop a work around and take exceptions to this standard in order for basic functions to work efficiently as it does when following the IEC (European) device naming standards.

I know, "One day, the two standards will come together, sit down and have a cup of tea", but until then, its hard to convince most management that the time needed to develop an in house fix is worthwhile, if even attainable, when following the ISA standard to the letter.

Manually tagging, fixing each tag and then manually cross referencing schematics to a P&ID diagram is a pain when there is no bending on the ISA standard.

Exporting and Re-importing means manually syncronizing drawings and a seperate was/is list of Device IDs.

I'm open to suggestions to meet the standard in work arounds, but shouldn't this just be built in?

Yes, I know, ISA is only supposed to be a guideline, but some read it as gospel. Maybe a marketing change is in order?

Matt
RW A
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost