AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEC tag dash issue getting the dash back

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ccad2509
720 Views, 1 Reply

IEC tag dash issue getting the dash back

a different tag dash issue here

working on somone elses drawings

orignnaly the project settings were not set to add the IEC tag dash (corrected that)

now have a mixture of tags with a dash prefix and and without a dash prefix

now need to have all tags with the IEC dash

i would usually use the find /replace component text to change a tag number no luck there as the dash is supressed

next option would be to export tags out in spreadsheet and adjust there no luck supressed there as well

cant use the force IEC inst/loc attributes because that will reset all the hidden inst/loc codes

ony solution i can see at the moment is to go into each symbol and let it set the tag dash

open to any idea i have 400 pages to go through

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: ccad2509

If some dashes were typed in manually and some were generated by the software, there could be confusion when you try to manipulate manually.  I would try exporting to a spreadsheetand remove all leading dashes from tags there.  Make sure that IEC tag mode is on and set not to suppress the leading dash.  Update from the spreadsheet and run retag project wide.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost