AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEC Symbols Add-in

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
17244 Views, 23 Replies

IEC Symbols Add-in

Can anyone let me know if Autodesk or another site offers a add-in package for IEC Standards? I know that it comes preloaded with the JIC. However we use IEC. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24

Hi

I'm using AutoCAD electrical 2021 I have been able to load the IEC Library but still loading the JIC symbol!

Example: The title says IEC: Push Buttons and the preview is showing the correct IEC symbol for push-button, However when you click on the push button icon it shows up as a JIC symbol in model space. 

1.added manufacturers to the database.

Thanks

Chandana

Message 22 of 24

I guess your project file is set to the JIC standard ie project file was created from jic project template. Load IEC demo project file and see how it goes. 

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 23 of 24

Check the Project Properties.  Each project can be assigned a specific menu and library folder(s).  You can use an IEC menu but insert JIC symbols, or vice versa.  JIC is outdated anyway.  If designing for North America, use the NFPA symbols.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Tags (2)
Message 24 of 24

Note that, if you edit a drawing that had JIC symbols inserted previously, but hasn’t had unused blocks purged, and you try to insert an IEC symbol into the same drawing, the software will search the drawing first, to see if the symbol has already been inserted into the drawing.  Even if the symbol (i.e. VPB11) had been inserted previously but deleted, the symbol block remains in the drawing.  This is a feature of the AutoCAD engine, dating back back to its early days.  It speeds up symbol insertion if the symbol is already in the drawing, even if hidden.

To completely remove deleted symbols, purge the drawing of all unused blocks.  Be sure to only purge unused unused blocks, nothing else.  The safest way to purge an AutoCAD Electrical drawing is to use the Purge option in Project-wide Utilities.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost