AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t save changes in report format files. Electrical hangs up.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Nata_ly
388 Views, 2 Replies

I can’t save changes in report format files. Electrical hangs up.

I have some troubles with saving report format files. When I edit them at first time after running Electrical, everything works well. But then, when I recall Report format file setup again, open file, change smth and try to save – Electrical freezes and only shut down in Task manager can help. It’s no matter what report format file I choose. I’ve although observed that line with column widths disappeared from report format file after Electrical crashed (I often choose Define widths). It makes me think trouble is in rewriting this line. But I don’t understand why at first everything was ok. So, have you any assumption how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kghew1
in reply to: Nata_ly

Is it AE2013 ? Is it Vista ?

I recently had hangs when trying to run reports & a few other functions, and it appears to be because it was installed on a PC running Vista (loaned by a re-seller !), which admittedly isn't listed in AutoDesk's system requirements for this release - although it was for AE2012. Anyway, SP1 cured the hang problem.

Other than that, all I can suggest that might be relevant are :

Never use a '#' as abbreviation for 'number' in a re-named heading, or Excel will render it as '.' and although showing all the headings, refuses to populate the columns underneath them.

If renaming headings before saving to spreadsheet, don't duplicate another field name by mistake, or a completely blank spreadsheet is produced.

That's all I've got

Regards

Keith H

Message 3 of 3
Nata_ly
in reply to: kghew1

Keith, thank you for answer and usefull advices!

But I don't do anything listed and have Windows XP installed on my computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost