AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE terminal strip editor!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
489 Views, 3 Replies

I HATE terminal strip editor!!!

HI

Sorry for the header.

But I really hate this tool. I made my schematic and went to panel layout. I used terminal strip editor to bring all the terminals and spend 3 HOURS to arrange them.

Because TSE puts terminals in some order that I have no clue.

1- What are the criteria for TSE, when it lines up terminal blocks?

Then I needed to make a change in the schematic, added a few terminal blocks. Went back to TSE in panel drawing.

No surprise all my order is gone. I have to do it again.

2-Is there a software that I can buy so it will be easy to use.

All I want is, put the terminal blocks line referenced. Dont mix it. Just put it together same order that they are in the schematic.

Is this too much to ask?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Terminal Strip Editor is my favorite tool but it takes a bit to harness it.  I devote 2.5-3 hours to TSE in my advanced training class, but we explore every aspect of it, creating single level strips, jumpers, conversion from single level to triple level, tabular and graphic, edits of existing strips, and more.  It really works well, better than others I've worked with and ahead of the curve in some respects.  But it is one of those tools that is hard to manage without using the proper work-flow.  It's sort of like the angled wire tees.  They influence the wire sequencing by their orientation, so no need for manually editing the wire sequence, but there are a couple of work-flow rules to follow with angled tees.  Once you know how it is very powerful.  There us much more to teaching TSE than what we could do on a forum such as this.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

It is great that you like TSE. But it is realt not the answer of my question.
Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

There is a demonstration video on the Tips and Tricks page of my web site (www.ecadconsultant.com), which shows the basic operation of terminal strip editor using the Demo project that ships with AutoCAD Electrical.  Just click on the Tips and Tricks page link at the top and the video list is near the top of the page.  Look for the video entitled, "Click here to watch a video that demonstrates the ease of use and the power of the Terminal Strip Editor utility from AutoCAD® Electrical."

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost