AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate Terminal Layout automatically by unsing Circuit Builder

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
laki.anu87
522 Views, 8 Replies

How to generate Terminal Layout automatically by unsing Circuit Builder

I need the Terminal Layout to be genrated automatically when I insert a circuit with TBs by using circuit builder. What command should I use to get this table.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: laki.anu87

In the panel tab you have terminal footprints: Editor and Table Generator.

Maybe that will help you.

Dan

Message 3 of 9
laki.anu87

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

But I am looking to generate the layout AUTOMATICALLY when I insert the circuit. Can this be achived by modifying the "ace_circuit_builder.xls" spread sheet in circuit builder. If so, can you please explain what command to be used to achive this. 

Message 4 of 9
Dan_Margulius

Hy,

I dont believe its an out of the box feature.  

You need some kind of lisp that would do that for you.

Dan

Message 5 of 9
laki.anu87
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to look this up in "Help->Additional Resource -> API Help" in Autocad. I could find the following.

(c:ace_auto_rpt rgfnam firstdnam templatenam)

Untitled picture.png

But I am not able to define these parameters correctly.

"rgfnam firstdnam templatenam"

Can you please help me understand this with an example.

Message 6 of 9
Dan_Margulius

Hi,
Sorry, but I am not an expert in this lisp matter. Maybe someone else here
will be able to help you
Dan
Message 7 of 9
algerj

Alright before I start, Please correct me if I'm wrong. (I don't usually code in lisp)

We have:     (c:ace_auto_rpt rgfnam firstdnam templatenam)

Ok so RGFNAM is the report group format name the rfg file must be created in the Automatic Reports Dialog.

You must type in the name exactly as shown in the user location... it can't exist any where else for the Auto_RPT lisp call out.

firstdnam or First Drawing Name, is the name you want the tables (put on drawing method) to publish with.

Type in the name of the drawing you want to have produced. (most people use the name Report in it like "Report_1.dwg")

last we have the template name it must be the name of an existing template located in users, again it only works with the templates defined in the user location.

So let's say we want to use an rfg file was called "My_Reports".

Let's also say we wanted the the First Drawing to be called Reports_1.dwg, and that the template is the ACAD_ELECTRICAL.dwt.

We would see:

(c:ace_auto_rpt My_Reports.rfg Reports_1.dwg ACAD_ELECTRICAL.dwt)

I'll be honest I'm not sure if you need the file extension.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 8 of 9
laki.anu87
in reply to: algerj

Hi,

How to generate component report automatically by using Circuit Builder in Autocad drawing.

I am trying to call the "component report" by using this command (c:wd_compr_sch (list nil 1 nil 1 1 "csv" 0 "report.csv" nil)) in circuit builder spread sheet. I am getting "report.csv" file in "C:\users\AD110527\Appdata\Local\Autodesk\Autocad electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Template". I need this report inserted automatically in the drawing.

Message 9 of 9
algerj

Ok, Again, I'll state, I'm not a Lisp expert. But a quick Google Search, and several web pages later. I can confirm that the

compr_sch command cannot be used directly to place a table on a drawing. As far as I can tell the command will only export out to 4 of the supported file types; ASCII, MDB, XLS, and CSV.

If someone knows differently please correct me.

Below Is a list of the 9 parameters.

Please note this list was copied and pasted from KXCad.net, So all rights are theirs to reserve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• doall = 1 to process all dwgs in current project; nil to process current dwg only.

• todolocs = 1 to process all components; 2 process only components that have a blank location code; 3 process components subject to wild card match with "doloc" parameter.

• doloc = location code to include (if todolocs=3). Can have wild cards per AutoCAD standard (for example, "*CAB*" means any location with "CAB" substring).

• incl = what to include (nil = all, 1's bit = parent components, 2's bit = parent and child components, 4's bit = cable marker symbols, 8's bit = connector symbols).

• suprs = suppress blank entries (0 = extract all, 1 = suppress blank TAG items, 2 = suppress blank MFG/CAT items, 3 = suppress both 1 and 2).

• format = output file format "ASC" for ascii, "XLS" for Excel, "MDB" for Access, "CSV" for comma delimited ascii, "CSV+P" for comma delimited with project information as first line of data.

• fields = 0 to output all fields; 1 = output only fields defined in default ".set" report settings file; <filename> = specific settings file to use (".set" extension is not required, use double backslashes if path is given).

• outfilename = output file name, use single forward or double backslashes in path.

• scriptfilename = optional script file name (executes after report extraction is complete). The "outfilename" can be accessed from within the script file through the following AutoLISP expression: (vl-bb-ref 'FNAM).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on this list are command would look something like: 

(c:wd_compr_sch (list doall todolocs doloc incl suprs  "Format" fields outfilename scriptfilename))

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost