AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign Individual Lugs/Terminal names for each pin in a connector.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
prabhakaran.deva
824 Views, 5 Replies

How to assign Individual Lugs/Terminal names for each pin in a connector.

Hi,

Need help!!!

I am not able to assign the crimped terminal(lug) part numbers for each individual pin for the components. For e.g., a device component having 4 pins(Pin nos., 1,2,3,4) and the terminal/lug part nos. being A,B,C,D, how to give these lug part numbers for each pin number. I want to generate the From/To wirelist from AutoCAD-E which will have these lug data for each pin.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lionSG
in reply to: prabhakaran.deva

Take a look at this previous post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/USER-Report-cable/m-p/4382185/highlight/true#M32224

The from to report document in there maybe helpful to your question. 

Message 3 of 6
prabhakaran.deva
in reply to: lionSG

Thanks for the reply.

I am clear on "From/To report" generation.

My concern is , for a device having multiple pins, i need a way to assign the terminal/lug part numbers for each individual pin. I am not sure there might be a way to assign it directly on the cable wire number with origination & destination lug part numbers.

Message 4 of 6
kc8akw
in reply to: prabhakaran.deva

I want to clear up the issue, a little.  Given a multi-pin connector, there may be wires of different gauges that terminate in pins with different part numbers.  Visualize a circular connector with large, power, pins across the a diameter chord and smaller, signal pins radiating out from there.  Wires 305GN, 305DC, for instance, may be 14 or 16 AWG wires and 307SIG, 309SIG, 314REF, and 316REF may be 20 or 22 AWG wires.

The question my friend is asking is how do we assign specific terminals to the SIG and REF wires, which may be automatically terminated in department other than where the 305 wires are terminated.  Right now, we can load all the parts for each connector under the parent symbol, but we really need to pull parts on a per wire basis.

I only see two, cumbersome, ways of making this happen.  One completely alters the nature of the drawing sets being used and the other seems to increase the work load on the engineer with little benefit to the customer.

The goal, then, would be to download the final report directly into an ERP system that creates build tickets and automatically picks conductor parts by work station or machine.

Message 5 of 6
kc8akw
in reply to: kc8akw

After tooling around, a little, I remember having seen attributes associated with wire numbers.  These attributes have tag names WnnUSER, where nn is a number from 01 to 10.  There are also spots in the project database for these attributes.  Is there a way to gain access to these attributes and make use of them?

Message 6 of 6
prabhakaran.deva
in reply to: kc8akw

Yup. This is what exactly I am looking for.

If not on the wire number unused attributes, is there any other ways to have each wire to carry multiple information like, the wire size, length, part number for the orig & destination terminals and other such information that are unique for each wire.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost