AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add source & destination arrows by using marker block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
laki.anu87
524 Views, 3 Replies

How to add source & destination arrows by using marker block

HI,

Can any one explain the procedure how to add source & destination arrows by using marker block in Circuit Builder concept

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leeholl
in reply to: laki.anu87

Have you looked at the Customizing Circuit Builder videos on the Systems Design blog?

There is nothing explicit about source and destination in the three videos, but Pat does a great job explaining how marker blocks relate to the configuration spreadsheet to the CB UI, so it may be a good starting point. 

Regards,

Lee

Message 3 of 4
bholle
in reply to: laki.anu87

You can add in source/destination arrows the same way that you add in any other block to circuit builder, however (and this is a biggy that i have found) you can't have the SIGCODE attribute pre programed into either the spread sheet or the marker block.  For some reason it always blanked it out and never worked as intended.  The fix that Stan Wile and I came up with was to just add them directly into the circuit builder template dwg.  This allowed us to make sure that the SIGCODE attribute was correct on both ends and ensure that the Source/Destination arrows were in fact linked together.  

Message 4 of 4
s.wile
in reply to: bholle

I know this is a closed case here but I just ran into the need for predetermined S\D arrows again.

It seems that (c:ace_cb_insym_signal #xyz nil "HA2S1" #scl nil "SIGCODE") will now actually add SIGCODE as the signal code but it suffixes a .1, .2, .3 to the end. Not a problem for Source arrows but a problem when inserting multiple Destination arrows. Only the first arrow actually links. The next Destination arrow will have .2 on the end and not link to anything. The workaround that I have come up with is to pre-create all the needed Destination arrows inserted inside of blank drawings at 0,0. These can then be inserted as nested circuits... 

(c:ace_cb_nested "ace_cb2_DESC_Arrow_SIGCODE.dwg" #xyz #data)

and will keep their predetermined codes. Just be sure to add .1 if you are using the spreadsheet to add any Source arrows. 

Again, I know this post is years old but hopefully it will still be here when I need this again years from now. 

If someone has a better workflow I would love to hear it.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost