AutoCAD Electrical General

Midnight412
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to add a child component or convert to a child

176 Views, 2 Replies
07-15-2013 11:49 AM

How do I insert a component from the catalog as a child rather than a parent?

I inserted a jack (right) component into my drawing. At the time of insert, ACADE offers to insert child components for the Jack. (I assume to make a multi-pin jack all with the same tag) If I accept, I can then insert more of the same symbol jacks on other wires in the drawing. I also need to add more jacks facing opposite (left instead of right)

If I select the left jack and insert, I get prompted for properties as if it is a parent. If I then use the same TAG, I get a duplicate tag warning.

The help file for "AECOMPONENT" states "Select the child component type to insert and specify the insertion point on the drawing." but I do not see these jacks in the catalog as child.

Help appreciated. THank you.

Valued Contributor
TomTom111
Message 2 of 3 (159 Views)

Re: How to add a child component or convert to a child

07-16-2013 11:56 AM in reply to: Midnight412

Hope this helps...

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2012/Help/0266-Symbol_L266/0275-Attribut275/0276...

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2012/Help/0666-Componen666/0668-Insert_o668

Thomas Walls

CADMASTER TECHNOLOGIES, LLC

www.cadmastertech.com

Thomas Walls | AutoCAD Electrical 2013
CADMASTER TECHNOLOGIES, LLC
www.cadmastertech.com
ramhider
Message 3 of 3 (148 Views)

Re: How to add a child component or convert to a child

07-17-2013 12:03 PM in reply to: Midnight412

Look for symbls with "2nd+" in the description on the icon menu, these insert as a child component.

Untitled.png

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community