AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Updated multiple drawing sheets by using marker block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
laki.anu87
405 Views, 5 Replies

How to Updated multiple drawing sheets by using marker block

HI,

Please Any one can fix this issue.

In circuit builder by using spreadsheet how to updated multiple drawing sheets in a single project &

how to get different wire guages at CPT primary fuses(BLK_14AWG) to contactor & Circuit Breaker to Contactor (BLK_10AWG) when a cpt is connected to power circuit.

Please find DWG and XLS sheets in a ZIP file as an attachment to this mail for reference.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
s.wile
in reply to: laki.anu87

From the files and the message I'm not very clear on what you're after. It sounds like you want to change a wire type "if" a certain component is inserted. That is possible. In the image below I show the wire starting out as BLK_14AWG and then after the contact (K021) the wire changes to RED_14AWG.

TECH SUPPORT.jpg

First of all, these wire types will need to already exist inside the target drawing. That said, I think what's keeping this from working is all your ORDER values are all the same. So they try to run at once. Since this is happening before the component has been placed, my guess is the last one wins and all wires are the same type.

I think your wire starts as BLK_14 and you wish to switch to BLK_10 if a CPT is inserted. Place a new marker after the CPT and give its ORDER the same value as the CPT's marker. Now IF a CPT is placed the wire type will change as well. If not the wire type marker will be removed with the CPT's.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 6
laki.anu87
in reply to: s.wile

HI Wile,

Thanks for your reply.

I need the circuit as shown in below image.please help me how to get that circuit.

PIC1.png

Please find DWG and XLS sheets are attached in previous mail for your reference.

Thanks in Advance.

Message 4 of 6
s.wile

I will not have time until later this week to do anymore testing on this one. However my guess if when the saved circuit attaches to the other wires it pulls the wire type from the horizontal wires. If you try to change them it will follow back and change the horizontal.

Try putting a terminal block or splice symbol between the two wires? That way the wire type doesn't try to carry accross.

btw the picture really helped get the point accross. Thanks for posting it. With not coming from a heavy electrical background it doesn't take much confuse me.

Stan Wile
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 5 of 6
Icemanau

I don't know about where you are located, but in Australia, the electrical regulations state that a wire can only change size while going through a fuse or circuit breaker.

That said, I have had success with using two different wire layers on the same connection point. I do so by manually changing the wire layer with the layer control and then doing a project update.

If I have to use a different wire number, I set the wire number before finishing the wire connection.

This is normally done when connecting an earth to a neutral that comes of a transformer with the connection point being a link. Otherwise all wires that are joined together have the same number and wire type.

As for doing all this automatically, you may be able to write a lisp to do so that looks at the block or circuit being inserted for the location.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 6 of 6
s.wile
in reply to: Icemanau

Icemanau is right. I think using layer control is the best manual method.

It seems the CB wants to convert the wires after attaching them. If you then try to change them using CB it will run back up the wire and change the horizontal wire as well.

Another option would be to place the vertical wires as a block inside the second circuit's block. Then after CB has finished, come back and explode that block back into wires.

If you want to manually switch layers I have a script that may help automate the process. You would place a marker block on each wire that you want switched, and then update the script to select the wires at each location and change its layer. This script would run after the CB has completed. The script is trimming wires at each location.

http://myacade.blogspot.com/2012/04/auto-trim-wires-from-plc-io-utility.html

Stan Wile
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost