AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Document Updates to a drawing set

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jmterlap
342 Views, 2 Replies

How to Document Updates to a drawing set

Hi, I am new to AutoCAD electrical and was wondering what is the best way to document changes to a current drawing set?  When we want to perform an upgrade to our equipment, we currently use AutoCAD and add clouding to identify the changes on the drawing.  We do this for circuits and bill of materials and panel reqwork.  Does AutoCAD electrical have any built in or add-on tools to help facilitate documenting the changes to a drawing?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drathak
in reply to: jmterlap

Sadly, no.  At least none that I am aware of.  (Quite willing to have someone prove me wrong on this one.)

For us, this is one of the biggest shortcomings of ALL the products we looked at.  We don't even cloud revisions (never did) but would dearly like to get a change order BOM.  By that I mean what was removed, what was added material wise.  The rest I can handle in revision notes.

When we were first looking at ACADE, we were told that if we were using Vault, we  could compare the previous project with the revised project and get that COBOM.  Then once we got into it, they (Autodesk) told us that in order to do that we would need PLM360.  And being a public utility, anything cloud based is probably NEVER going to fly around here. Smiley Sad

This may well be where I end up spending some budgeted consulting dollars.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 3
jmterlap
in reply to: drathak

Thanks for the quick reply. 

During my investigation, I did find that AutoDesk Design Review will do compares between two DWG files, but I haven't yet tried ACADE versions.  Still seems a bit cumbersome to have to put into a Design Review file just to do a compare.  Looks like we'll have to continue to do it manually until we find a better solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost