AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you unlock a locked dynamic block?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
parktheodore
2432 Views, 3 Replies

How do you unlock a locked dynamic block?

I received some autoCAD files with some great dynamic blocks in it.  However, I would like to edit them, but I can't because they are all locked.

Does anyone out there know how to unlock locked dynamic blocks?  I don't want to just explode them and have to recreate the dynamic blocks.

Thanks,

DPA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: parktheodore

I haven't experienced this before...

Do you get any error messages when trying to open them with BEDIT?

What if you use the WBLOCK command to "export" the block to a file, and then try to open this file?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
parktheodore
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks. I was able to export to a wblock file and edit it in that. But I didn't work for some of the more complicated dynamic blocks. Regular dynamic blocks are easy to edit in block editor, but the locked ones are difficult.
Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: parktheodore

Could you copy/paste one of the locked dynamic blocks into a blank drawing, and post that drawing here?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost