AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change a fuse block component to a terminal

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mewescott
2220 Views, 8 Replies

How do you change a fuse block component to a terminal

I have added several fuse blocks to my schematic and would like to change them to have terminal attributes.  I want to be able to I also want to be able to insert them with the other terminals using the terminal strip editor.  Right now when I right click on one of them it brings up the insert/edit component dialog.  How do I get it to open the Insert/Edit Terminal dialog instead?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Icemanau
in reply to: mewescott

You will need to create a terminal block that shows as a fuse.

Easiest way to do this is to open a terminal block, one of the ones that changes the wire number as it passes through would be best.

Now edit the graphics to show a fuse and then move the wire connection attributes to match the ends of the fuse. Remove the connection attributes for the opposing wire direction. For example, if the graphics you place are for a horizontal fuse block, remove the vertical wire connections.

Adjust the position of all the other attributes to suit your needs and add the RATING attribute.

Do a "Save As" and rename the block to something similar to the current terminal block name.

NOTE: You will need to create a vertical and horizontal block for this item.

When you add a fused terminal, you can browse to the location and select the block before adding the fuse details.

It can also be added to the fuse submenu in the the insert component dialog box.

I would recommend that you set up the fuses that use this fuse holder to call the correct part as an assembly item. If you do this you may need to add the fuse carrier (and associated accessories) into the FU table.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 9
mewescott
in reply to: Icemanau

When I create the fuse block as a terminal I lose the Tag1 attribute. Without this I can not figure out how to get my fuse labels automatically with retag/update. If I put it into the block it turns it back into a component instead of a terminal.

Message 4 of 9
testsubject

I gave up trying to have the TSE handle the Fused Terminal for this very reason. I Insert the fuse with the fuse terminal block as a multiple Catalog item in the schematic and set the Footprint Lookup database to call the fused terminal for the panel side of things. I then modified the Footprint drawing to include the Rating1 value from the fuse.

It actually goes pretty quick as long as you know the width of the terminal and select "Use Uniform Spacing" when inserting a bunch of them in a row.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 9
mewescott
in reply to: testsubject

That is how I typically have handled it too.  However, I am using a terminal that is fused on the top layer and sensor input on the middle and bottom layer.  I can not associate them together unless I have a fused terminal.  I really did not want to represent it as a terminal block.  I have seen it done on other schematics in electrical.  I just have not been able to duplicate it.

Message 6 of 9
mewescott

Well, I have created the terminal block that looks like a fuse.  Now I am trying to use the attribute mapping feature to copy all my TAG1 attribute values over to TERM1.  It seems simple.  However, I have not been able to get it to work.  Does there need to be a title in the columns?  Or does it only work if the original attribute is not a AutoCad electrcial attribute?  I have tried it with the Attribute mapping file in .txt, .xls, and .csv format.  None of them worked.

Message 7 of 9
paterianus

If i could only change the standard HDS11FL fuse switch to a terminal i would have everything i need for a AB or Wago terminal fuseblock.  Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 9
zalant
in reply to: paterianus

For this, you would need to edit the symbol's source DWG file (or make a new one) and make sure that all of the attributes of a schematic terminal symbol are present. The rules for that can be found here.

Zac Travis
Message 9 of 9

I converted HDS11FL into a terminal for a customer of mine.  I cannot post it here but I have attached an illustration that shows an exploded view of the block.  

This is another good reason for Autodesk to add the AETERMRENUM and AETERMRENUMPICK commands to the ribbon.  In my advanced training class I give my students icons that I created and I show them how to use the CUI Editor to add these commands to the ribbon and to the right-click menu for terminals. The AETERMRENUMPICK command allows you to type in a beginning terminal number at the command prompt and each time you click a terminal, it gets assigned the next available value.  For example, with my HT1006 fused terminals I type in FU1 as the first terminal number and each time I click on an HT1006 block it gets assigned the next available value, as in FU1, FU2, FU3, etc.

The AETERMRENUM command can renumber an entire terminal strip, project-wide, in order of the appearance of the terminals in the schematic drawings, by drawing order.  This is different than the terminal renumber function in Terminal Strip Editor.  If you use that one, after a terminal strip has been inserted into the panel layout, it can change the order that terminals are numbered in the schematic and they might not necessarily be in drawing order.

I offer personalized training for AutoCAD Electrical, from beginner level to advanced and administrative level.  Classes can be conducted on site at your location, my location, or person-to-person via Webcast software.  I also offer a support retainer program that can be used for supplemental training or Q&A.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost