AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with creating new DIN Rail entry ...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
clyons
1553 Views, 4 Replies

Help with creating new DIN Rail entry ...

I'm trying to add a new DIN rail type for ACADE 2014.  I've edited wddinrl.xls but I'm not seeing my added DIN rail.  Obviously I'm not doing something correctly.  Can anyone give me a quick walkthru of how to add entries to wddinrl.xls?

The ACADE docs explain the fields in wddinrl.xls but don't provide details for the worksheet for each added rail which contains the following fields: SLOTQTY, ORG_LIST, ORG_LIST, ORG_LIST.  What does this worksheet do?  Is it required?  What are these fields and how should they be filled out?  What do the CHANNEL and CHANNEL_END fields represent and how should they be entered?  I tried looking at a drawing of one of the supplied AB rails and I tried to figure out what the CHANNEL info refers to but it wasn't obvious.  

Since each entry in the DIN_RAIL worksheet specifies a MFG and CAT value, do you have to already have that info in a catalog record? 

Really appreciate any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: clyons

For a basic explanation on the workseehts associated with the CAT entries in the WDDINRAIL file, I gave one in this topic.

<http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical-General/Custom-Wireway/td-p/5121392>

As for not seeing the new entry on your din rail list, make sure you have edited the file ACADE is actually using. When I started modifying mine, I found about 3 or 4 copies spread over my drive and I started of by editing one ACADE was not looking at.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 5
sonny3g

Make sure the wddinrl.xls file you modified is the same one that your configuration is using.  I have three locations where a wddinrl.xls shows up on my PC, but my configuration actually only uses one of those and that is the one that I modify.

Good luck.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 4 of 5
clyons
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for the responses.  Yes, I too have several vesions of wddinrl.xls and didn't update the correct one at first.  My new entry now shows up.

The link you gave to the overview isn't active.  Can you send it to me directly?

Still have questions about the SLOT worksheet for each added rail and definitions for the fields: SLOTQTY, ORG_LIST, ORG_LIST, ORG_LIST.  Also still not sure about the CHANNEL and CHANNEL_END fields in the DIN_RAIL worksheet.  Anyone have any info about these? 

Also, the handling of the MFG & CAT info in wddinrl.xls seems a little strange.  Appears you can enter anything you want in wddinrl.xls and there aren't any checks to be sure the part info is actually defined in the catalog DB.  So, the CAT & MFG fields are copied into the respective fields and the DIN RAIL makes it onto the BOM but there isn't an actual record in the catalog DB.  I'm assuming you really should also define an entry in the catalog that matches the MFG & CAT info in wddinrl.xls so you can actually find info about the DIN RAIL.  Is that correct?

Message 5 of 5
Icemanau

Try this link.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical-General/Custom-Wireway/td-p/5121392

If that doesn't work, look for the topic "Custom Wireways" by MTaylorICC. It should be fairly close to this one.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost