AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to delete wire numbers not visible in drawing but found by surfer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Midnight412
1563 Views, 3 Replies

Help to delete wire numbers not visible in drawing but found by surfer

I would like some help to correct a duplicate wire number issue.

I am trying to manually tag a wire as 224. I get a Duplicate Wire Number message. I did a surfer to find the other wire, and surfer indicates the number is on 3 different drawings. When I goto the location, surfer zooms in on a wire, but the wire is labeled different. In one location, I tried trimming the wire shown (201) and I still get the same results.

Is there a way to correct the issue? Is this a wire database problem, or is there a hidden wire on the drawing that I cannot see, even though Surfer brings me to it already zoomed in?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
electricman1
in reply to: Midnight412

A wire could be on a hidden layer, I would recommend checking that first. Second, performing a global wire update on each page may fix the problem. Third you may need to update the sheet numbers in the file manager -> file properties.

Just a note, if you copy and pasted a circuit using standard acad commands stuff like duplicate wire numbers can happen. What I recommend is if copying a circuit from one page to another, do the following: 1. copy and paste a circuit to a new drawing outside of the drawing border. 2. Use the acade circuit copy command to copy last pasted circuit (outside of the border) to desired location 3. Delete the circuit outside of the border. 4. Then update wire and tag numbers if needed.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Midnight412

You can try "DWG Audit" on the Reports tab.  The audit will remove floater wire numbers and repair the wire connection information.  Another useful tool is  "check/trace wire" on the schematic tab, this will show wire segements and their connection sequence. Deleting all of the wire numbers with the "delete wire number" tool, not regular delete, and renumbering everything should also fix it.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: electricman1

You can also copying a circuit from one page to another using (ctrl+shift+c) = copy with base point (ctrl+shift+v) past as block will bring the circuit in to the new drawing. If you then explode the block and update the components and wire number, this method is fast and no functionality is lost.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost