AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Problems plotting a project entirely to "B" Size Drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
188 Views, 3 Replies

Help!!! Problems plotting a project entirely to "B" Size Drawings

Help!!! Was wondering if anybody can help an IT guy who doesn't use AutoCAD Electrical 2004, but needs to help 3 of our EEs... here's my problem: We have a customer that will supply us drawings that we have to view and/or modify for a job. In the past, these 3 EEs have used AutoCAD 2000i with the old ViaWD suite add on. We frequently need to plot the entire project (sometimes as many as 50 to 60 sheets) either to view the initial contents or after modification. We either plot the project to our Xerox 8830 to print or we will convert to PDF format for company-wide viewing as necessary. Problem is that we want the entire project to plot to "B" size drawings no matter what. The situation is that we are getting results that yield some of the drawings coming out "B" size and some "A" size. And this can happen to a project that was e-mailed to us without any modification except to prepare it to plot so we can review what needs to be done. So I feel it isn't anything we are doing that is causing this. We supposedly set the project to plot all sheets to "B" size and we get this mixed result which is unacceptable. For example, we will get a sheet that will print an "A" size drawing on a "B" sized sheet. This WAS NOT a problem while using AutoCAD 2000i with ViaWD, but now is a problem with AutoCAD Electrical 2004. Our EEs have supposedly looked at everything they know to look at and I'm not even closely knowledgeable on this project other than to describe the problem to the group. Is there a script or routine that we can run on these "as recieved" drawings before we even start working with them that will force each sheet in a project to "B" size??? Manually checking each drawing for any problem in a project that can be 50 or 60 sheets is a real time killer and we are swamped with work. We need to find the root of this problem and get it ironed out quickly. I would appreciate greatly any responses from those who have experienced this scenario or something similar. I'll have my EEs check any and all suggestions. Perhaps there is something they have missed in their own troubleshooting. I'm just the IT guy here and am trying to help them the best I can to get past this constraint. Thanks, Mark Williams Information Systems Pemco Corporation
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
upscale
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to the "Detailed Plot Configuration Option" , then listed under "Paper Size", select the "Pick From Generic List" and select your paper size. This should do the trick.
Message 3 of 4
testsubject

I think your problem is with plot styles. I don't know for sure, but i don't think 2000i had plot styles. I know 2002 and 2004 have them. I had this same problem converting from R14 to 2002. I ended up writing a macro that I ran on each old drawing as I pulled it up and it creates the appropriate plot style for each drawing.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I will have them try this and see if this works. I will reply back. Thanks. Mark "testsubject" wrote in message news:28133254.1079979999814.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I think your problem is with plot styles. I don't know for sure, but i don't think 2000i had plot styles. I know 2002 and 2004 have them. I had this same problem converting from R14 to 2002. I ended up writing a macro that I ran on each old drawing as I pulled it up and it creates the appropriate plot style for each drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost